I'm curious to know how/where my data usage is going. I've used maybe 7 or 8 times the data as another family member and I'm curious to know what exactly is using the data. Is there a way to get a breakdown of how data is being consumed and by what apps?

iPhone 5 on AT&T
    03-01-2014 06:54 PM
    Open Settings and then Cellular...it will give you a break down of which apps use your cellular data.

On a side note, it is known with all of the 3 main carriers (Sprint, Verizon and AT&T) that data usage can be quite random and erroneous at times. I've actually proven to them that 300MB of data was used on my line with my phone's data shut off and the device completely shut down and in a drawer (while on vacation)...they couldn't explain it, just like they can't explain soooo many other instances of overages. Personally, I think they just don't have a sure fire formula for collecting this information and that the formula they do use is wrong at times, creating false results.

Call them and complain and they'll usually credit you some or all of the overages you have...this isn't a fix, but it's better than paying them for it.

Hopefully one day they figure out that people are onto their scam and someone with the FCC investigates it enough to make it stop.
    03-01-2014 07:00 PM
    Thanks for the tip. I haven't had any overages yet but just curious to know where it's going. I don't do allot of downloading. Maybe download an app or song occasionally but mostly just the occasional check of social media, email...etc. I do use Google maps almost every weekday for work. Would that use allot of data?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    03-01-2014 07:11 PM
    Well Maps apps are data hungry so monitor them closely

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    03-01-2014 07:51 PM