Completely lost

I

iMore Question

I have always used Cricket wireless, unlimited everything for $55 plus tax/month and I had to buy my android Samsung Transfix outright for $200 about 2 years ago. Lately I am noticing lots of dropped calls, horrible reception, and when I try to get on the net it is almost impossible so I am thinking about AT&T, I'd like to go with the 5c but would need it added into the monthly price...is that possible and in order to get unlimited everything like I have now what am I looking at for pricing? I am so tech ignorant! The thing is I text maybe 10 conversations a month, talk a couple hours month total and only use web if I am away from home to find maps or restaurants etc. I am almost 60 y/o and don't use a phone the way my younger contemporaries too LOL! Someone please break this down into *****/lay mans terms for me!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
First of all, you need to contact your nearest AT&T store or call their toll-free number. Also, it is doubtful that you will receive an unlimited data plan being that carriers are working hard to eliminate them. Still, your queries may be answered best via an AT&T rep

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Gee thanks for that help. I could have done that but I wanted answers from people not affiliated with any specific company, therefore more honest in my opinion. Yea, I will call AT&T, you were so helpful!

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
AT&T hasn't offered unlimited data for a few years. There mobile share plans are very reasonable though.

Sent from my white 5s

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Gee thanks for that help. I could have done that but I wanted answers from people not affiliated with any specific company, therefore more honest in my opinion. Yea, I will call AT&T, you were so helpful!

He offered you the best advice you could have possibly received because you're wanting to switch carriers but you also want impossible features that aren't offered to anyone...essentially, he told you to call AT&T to see if they would give you unlimited everything (which they won't). What the hell else did you expect for us to do? Lie to you and tell you it was something you could expect?

Now that you've settled back down to reality, let's talk reality based numbers...you can have unlimited text and talk...it will cost you more than you're paying right now (by about $20-$30) and you will not get unlimited data...you'll get a minimal amount of data for anywhere close to what you're paying now.

Can you do us a favor now, since you're the one desperate for assistance here, and lose the crotchety a$$ attitude? We'd sure appreciate it, especially when someone offers help and expects nothing for it.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
From what you are describing I think the last thing you need is unlimited talk and text. I would go back and do a 6 month analysis and see what your needs are. Then chose the Att plan that best suits your needs.

tech guy4

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I agree it sounds like the smallest plan will be good for you. You will have much better survis to, have you thought about sraight talk it may becheeper but you will need to buy a phone. I think the lowest atnt plan will begood for you
Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73