Everything works but why it only display black?

exhelion99

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Good evening,

i'm Rex

I dropped my iPad sideways, and after that the screen display is only black. (no cracks)

Everything works except, it displays the Apple logo from boot and disappears, its flickers with a whole white screen and it goes black again. If i take a screenshot it displays the "Hello", (it's a freshly restored device, its the one when you first setup the iPad) it displays it for a second or less.

When I try to screenshot it displays for a fraction of a second and goes back to black, it sometimes displays the "Hello" and sometimes it display a blue color on the whole screen for a fraction of a second.

Everything works with the

-sounds

-home button

-power button

-touch screen works

-can be detected on the computer

-tried hard reset

-tried restoring

-probably the LCD is still good

Forums give solutions by tapping to smacking it but I wont leave it to chance destroying the unit. The unit is about 2 years old with no hardware or software problems in that time frame of use with this as an exception. Other forums say that it has something to do with a broken logic board probably from a solder.

I use the iPad mainly for surfing, playing movies and games and reading documents

I have uploaded a video on the status of my iPad that might help you see what does it do. Sorry for some errors of speaking or some words or sentences, I was nervous...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl2Cf34HA...

Answers or insights on the estimated cost on repairing or replacing or what is the probably fault would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much and more power iMore

-Rex

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
it really could be anything since it was dropped- My suggestion is to go to the apple store and have them access the damage.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I know it's going to sound crazy but I have fixed 2 iPads that have done this lol my wife's wasn't dropped it just went black. But give it a couple open hand smacks on the back. Not soft and not super hard just good smacks. See if that helps you.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I hit it right around the apple logo on the back. And I kinda cradled the screen in my fingers to give it some cushion

exhelion99

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
it really could be anything since it was dropped- My suggestion is to go to the apple store and have them access the damage.

Yeah, but that iPad was given to me by my dad, and its around 2 years now, so its out of Apple's warranty and the Apple store with a customer repair service is 200km from my town. My best bet would be repair it with a 3rd party repair shop but before it, i need some idea whats broken because they tend to price up even from a little solder or such hehe

exhelion99

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Something is probably damaged inside. Make an appointment at the nearest Apple store. Good luck. :)

The Apple shop with repair services is 200km nearest to my town, and its out of warranty so my best bet would go some 3rd party prepair shop, though I must know the damage coz they price up pretty crazy even if the a cheap fault hahaha.

exhelion99

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
I know it's going to sound crazy but I have fixed 2 iPads that have done this lol my wife's wasn't dropped it just went black. But give it a couple open hand smacks on the back. Not soft and not super hard just good smacks. See if that helps you.

Ah yes, seen that on threads, a lot of people said it works... i actually tried it but I let my bro take a whack at it, im too scared to take a what on it, I have heavy hands hehehe
Thanks tho, it didnt quite work for me I will try it from time to time..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2