New iMac - What kind of storage should I get?

frozenpenguin87

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I am getting a new iMac in about a week!
This is what I have decided on getting:

27in iMac
3.4GHz i5 with TurboBoost up to 3.8GHz
8GB RAM (i'll upgrade it myself later)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M graphics card

the one thing i cannot decide on is what kind of storage should i get? the normal SATA, a fusion drive, or flash storage? I think I have decided to eliminate flash storage as an option because for the amount of storage it is too expensive for me.

Please help!! Thanks and happy friday :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You might as a question for yourself when you buy anything Apple like this that you have to take out a small mortgage to buy - How long are you going to keep it for? What is going to be your main purpose in it's use? Are you going to be using an external HD of any kind for backing up? To be clear am I understanding that you are asking about HD Space? If I am correct with you using the word storage then I would think these questions have to be answered as well to determine how much storage to include in your purchase. Good luck with the decision. I almost forgot the most important you asked in what kind....My answer would be SATA.

I am sure you will also get many other answers from our members that are really into Apple desktops and what works for them and their choice so sit back and get ready to get confused even more.... :) Only kidding on the last part.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It may be more beneficial to go with the option that gives you the most space for less. Sure, there are storage options that can allow you to access your data quicker, however, will a one or two-second time difference be a deal breaker for you?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods