Have Apple invented an external hard drive suitable for iPads yet? If not there is a mass revenue maker for them!
    But the complication would be that everything feeds off iTunes so it would have to be its own device and sync to iTunes then connect to an iPad/iPhone then wallah!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    02-28-2014 04:53 PM
    Apple won't ever make a hard drive...they don't need to, there are many options on the market for wired and wireless transferring of files from i-Devices to external hard drives, ranging from cheap to very expensive, and also, varying transfer speeds. These offerings are still limited to the things Apple wants you to move on and off the device without iTunes though, and because of that, you'll never see a full storage solution for these i-Devices (as long as Apple is the way it is) because if they were to allow such things, they'd just give you the option for Micro-SD instead, and it kind of goes against everything Apple really stands for in terms of stability, security and the like.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    02-28-2014 05:34 PM