So ive only had this phone for about 2 months now and i am already seeing little tiny scratches on the screen. i dont have a screen protector on it because i dont like them. i dont ever use my shirt or any kind of fabric to wipe the screen with, only with my hand. do you think the scratches are caused by my hand? thank you..
    02-26-2014 08:51 PM
    I don't know anyone who cleans their screen with their hand. I guess your hand might scratch it. I recommend using a microfiber cloth.
    02-26-2014 09:00 PM
    Please the best thing you can do is go out and buy a bunch of Micro Fiber cloths, They are cheap and if you go into like a WalMart or eyeglass place and ask for them they will give them to you since they always have samples. I have a Screen Protector by Zagg and still use them.
    pr1nce, rodeTrip and iOS Gravity like this.
    02-26-2014 09:00 PM
    I don't know anyone who cleans their screen with their hand. I guess your hand might scratch it. I recommend using a microfiber cloth.
    Amen...Nuf said!
    rodeTrip likes this.
    02-26-2014 09:01 PM
    hmmm i alrdy knew that micro fiber would be the best solution. just hate the fact that i have to carry it around on me everywhere i go now.
    02-26-2014 10:53 PM
    I clean mine with the bottom of my t shirt. My screen has a bunch of micro scratches too, and it never bothers me. I care about my bezel and back getting scratched, but glass can be replaced so easily I tend not to concern myself with it..

Sent from my iPhone 5s
    rodeTrip likes this.
    02-26-2014 10:56 PM
    I use nothing but micro fiber cloth, to clean with.
    pr1nce, rodeTrip and Jaguarr40 like this.
    02-26-2014 11:05 PM
    I just use a screen protector and clean if with my shirt and change the screen protector from time to time

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    rodeTrip likes this.
    02-26-2014 11:18 PM
    hmmm i alrdy knew that micro fiber would be the best solution. just hate the fact that i have to carry it around on me everywhere i go now.
    You don't have to carry the microfiber cloth with you. I clean my phone in the morning and in the evening.
    Jaguarr40 and rodeTrip like this.
    02-26-2014 11:32 PM
    Screen Protector is too best option or use micro fiber clothe as guide by mr.jag and others
    rodeTrip likes this.
    02-26-2014 11:44 PM
    I've never cleaned my screen with my hand, so I have no idea.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S
    rodeTrip likes this.
    02-26-2014 11:59 PM
    I clean my iPhone 5 screen with Zeiss Lens Cleaning Wipes, which is a glorified alcohol wipe to get the oils off, then use a micofiber cloth when done, but the microfiber cloth no matter how new always seems to leave dust..I have been doing this since Nov '12 and never had a problem, although I do always have Spigen Ultra Crystal screen protectors on! I do feel much better after reading this thread knowing I am not the only one who cleans my phone twice a day.. I just thought it was my OCD! :-)

Sent from my ME173X using iMore Forums mobile app
    rodeTrip likes this.
    02-27-2014 12:14 AM
    micro fiber, kept at home and in my car and in my laptop case.
    Good Luck
    rodeTrip and pr1nce like this.
    02-27-2014 08:00 AM
    Like almost everyone else here, I use a Micro fiber cloth. I was also like you once and hated screen protectors, then one day the Sun hit my screen just right and I could see all the scratches and decided to start using screen protectors from that day forward. I now use Zagg GLASS. I can't even tell theres a screen protector on my screen.
    Jaguarr40, rodeTrip and pr1nce like this.
    02-27-2014 09:13 AM
    I'd pick up a microfiber cloth. You don't have to carry it around, just clean your screen every few days and you should be fine.
    rodeTrip, pr1nce and Jaguarr40 like this.
    02-27-2014 09:32 AM
    actually I use a screen protector and clean that with anything near me
    for anything, i mean a piece of tissue, my t-shirt...anything
    and i also changed the screen protector from time to time for they are easily scratched! or are there too many things in my purse that may scratch the protector? lol
    Spencerdl and rodeTrip like this.
    02-27-2014 09:41 AM
    I have a screen protector but I clean that with a micro fiber.
    rodeTrip and Jaguarr40 like this.
    02-27-2014 09:42 AM
    I have a screen protector but I clean that with a micro fiber.
    I do the same Ed. I go to a local optomitrist I know and he gives all the Micro fiber cloths I want. I have them at home and at work and even with my Zagg Screen protector I still use the cloth.
    rodeTrip likes this.
    02-27-2014 01:22 PM
    Micro scratches will happen on the coating on the glass. Normally abrasive sand and such.

I normally use microfiber clothes, ones that are clean as dirty ones can cause more damage holding in material on the rag.
    pr1nce and rodeTrip like this.
    02-27-2014 01:28 PM
    Micro scratches will happen on the coating on the glass. Normally abrasive sand and such.

I normally use microfiber clothes, ones that are clean as dirty ones can cause more damage holding in material on the rag.
    That's true. I wash my microfiber cloth usually about every month or so to keep it clean.
    rodeTrip likes this.
    02-27-2014 01:55 PM
    So ive only had this phone for about 2 months now and i am already seeing little tiny scratches on the screen. i dont have a screen protector on it because i dont like them. i dont ever use my shirt or any kind of fabric to wipe the screen with, only with my hand. do you think the scratches are caused by my hand? thank you..
    How do you clean your screen with the same thing that makes it dirty?? Odd.

Anyway, I cut an old white cotton t-shirt into squares and use them to keep my screens clean. Phones and tablets. I wear glasses so I use the cotton on those too. I keep one in my pocket all the time.

Sent from my white 5s
    02-27-2014 02:03 PM
    I doubt the hand scratched it unless u have rings etc But I use a microfiber towel and it even comes w a spray if needed (needed it much more on the note. Love the 5s screen it's easy to use a lifeprood or otterbox or just grab one if those military grade screen protector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    rodeTrip likes this.
    02-27-2014 03:12 PM
    I specifically make sure that I only clean my phone screen with the soft skin under my arm...that is the only way to prevent scratches on the screen.

Just kidding, I use a microfiber cloth.
    02-27-2014 03:20 PM
    I would say to the OP that the consensus of this thread is about 95% using a Micro Fiber cloth whether you have a Screen Protector or not. With that I would stop what you are doing and go along with what works - These scratches you have now will only get worse unless you start doing what was told to you by almost everyone in the thread.
    rodeTrip likes this.
    02-27-2014 09:16 PM
    Just curious, and I honestly mean no harm in saying this... But what drives people so crazy about micro scratches? You hardly ever see them unless you are in insane sunlight with the screen turned off even then you have to be bored to really notice. I know some people look for resale or whatever but at what expense? All the time and effort put into making your iPhone flawless to the point of new condition must be exhausting... It's not an uncommon thing everyone I know is terrified to get one little tiny imperfection on their phone. It seems so exhausting and a lot of created worry over such a small thing. I understand cases and keeping the bezel and back safe from drops etc.. But micro scratches seem like such a micro problem to me. Anyone agree?

Sent from my iPhone 5s
    rodeTrip likes this.
    02-28-2014 01:40 AM
34 12