Is cleaning my iPhone 5s screen with my hand bad?

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
So ive only had this phone for about 2 months now and i am already seeing little tiny scratches on the screen. i dont have a screen protector on it because i dont like them. i dont ever use my shirt or any kind of fabric to wipe the screen with, only with my hand. do you think the scratches are caused by my hand? thank you..

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't know anyone who cleans their screen with their hand. I guess your hand might scratch it. I recommend using a microfiber cloth.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Please the best thing you can do is go out and buy a bunch of Micro Fiber cloths, They are cheap and if you go into like a WalMart or eyeglass place and ask for them they will give them to you since they always have samples. I have a Screen Protector by Zagg and still use them.

rodeTrip

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
hmmm i alrdy knew that micro fiber would be the best solution. just hate the fact that i have to carry it around on me everywhere i go now.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I clean mine with the bottom of my t shirt. My screen has a bunch of micro scratches too, and it never bothers me. I care about my bezel and back getting scratched, but glass can be replaced so easily I tend not to concern myself with it..

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I just use a screen protector and clean if with my shirt and change the screen protector from time to time

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
hmmm i alrdy knew that micro fiber would be the best solution. just hate the fact that i have to carry it around on me everywhere i go now.

You don't have to carry the microfiber cloth with you. I clean my phone in the morning and in the evening.

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I clean my iPhone 5 screen with Zeiss Lens Cleaning Wipes, which is a glorified alcohol wipe to get the oils off, then use a micofiber cloth when done, but the microfiber cloth no matter how new always seems to leave dust..I have been doing this since Nov '12 and never had a problem, although I do always have Spigen Ultra Crystal screen protectors on! I do feel much better after reading this thread knowing I am not the only one who cleans my phone twice a day.. I just thought it was my OCD! :)

Sent from my ME173X using iMore Forums mobile app

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Like almost everyone else here, I use a Micro fiber cloth. I was also like you once and hated screen protectors, then one day the Sun hit my screen just right and I could see all the scratches and decided to start using screen protectors from that day forward. I now use Zagg GLASS. I can't even tell theres a screen protector on my screen.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd pick up a microfiber cloth. You don't have to carry it around, just clean your screen every few days and you should be fine.

Mary_Young

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
actually I use a screen protector and clean that with anything near me
for anything, i mean a piece of tissue, my t-shirt...anything
and i also changed the screen protector from time to time for they are easily scratched! or are there too many things in my purse that may scratch the protector? lol

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a screen protector but I clean that with a micro fiber.
I do the same Ed. I go to a local optomitrist I know and he gives all the Micro fiber cloths I want. I have them at home and at work and even with my Zagg Screen protector I still use the cloth.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Micro scratches will happen on the coating on the glass. Normally abrasive sand and such.

I normally use microfiber clothes, ones that are clean as dirty ones can cause more damage holding in material on the rag.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Micro scratches will happen on the coating on the glass. Normally abrasive sand and such.

I normally use microfiber clothes, ones that are clean as dirty ones can cause more damage holding in material on the rag.

That's true. I wash my microfiber cloth usually about every month or so to keep it clean.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro