audio book will not stop playing

I

iMore Question

I downloaded an audio book from an sd card. Now I cannot find where on my macbook it is placed.
I can find it by search but it doesn't show where it is. The other problem is I starte listening to it and now it will not turn off.
Right clicking gives no offer to close down. Anyone got any answers?

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I am new to Mac (3weeks) I found the book by search in finder and it started playing when I clicked on it.
It has now been playing constantly for over three hours. I cannot find where the book is playing from.
The book is not in ibook player.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I am new to Mac (3weeks) I found the book by search in finder and it started playing when I clicked on it.
It has now been playing constantly for over three hours. I cannot find where the book is playing from.
look on the dock. Is there any icon with a white dot or square underneath it other than the Finder? If so, tap on it. It may be the app hat is playing the audio book.

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I can't see any but I tried quitting very thing in the dock to no avail. I found a copy of the book in the trash can that I
put there a couple of hours ago.Taken it out and right clicked it and opened it in itunes wouldn't open so
opened it in quicktime player which opened but it will not let me close it. Even the mute does nothing.
My head is spinning with the story of "portrait of a young man" Only answer I can see now is to try and
remove it but that didn't work when I trashed it.

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I found a simple solution though it doesn't tell me where it is hidden on my mac.
The icon that I retrieved from trash and placed on my desktop has a start/ pause triangle on it when I hover
over it. This stops and starts play. This now leaves the mystery as to where the original books are
on my mac. I downloaded several from an sd card.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Here's the thing, you downloaded this/these files from an SD card...who knows what all was included within that file, or what it could have tried to install or use to play it. Unfortunately, unless you can give us the file type or the information on what was downloaded from the file, we're not going to be able to help you much on figuring it out. We also don't know what kind of media players and tweaks you've done to your Mac, so again, without that information, what can you honestly expect any of us to tell you?

It's possible that the file not only came with the audio book but also an application to play the file with (something that may not function properly with Mavericks would be my guess as to why it was hidden). You could also check your activity monitor to see what kinds of functions are running and compare them to a normal running Mac environment.

You see, there are just so many different variables, none of which you've offered as information, that can cause different actions to happen...unfortunately, you've just been too vague or simply don't understand what it is you were DL'ing before you did it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73