Just a rhetorical question:

A recent facebook 'argument' on Mac vs. PC; this was thrown at me.... "I would love to see a Mac compile and display over 250k images to over 100 monitors which will happen next weekend in Dallas. "

Working in animation, I 'compile' over 250k images/frames almost daily when rendering or editing. I'm not sure exactly what he means about displaying them to 100 monitors, but how could that be done with OSX software and/or Apple hardware? (just for the sake of his wacky statement he threw at me)

thx

Dean
    02-21-2014 05:51 PM
    Is he talking about different pictures on different monitors or just a display of a mirrored object on all the monitors? I know for sure macs can do the latter because we did it in a training seminar on about 200 monitors running off one mac (they were actually TV's and were simply piggy backed off each other).
    02-21-2014 05:58 PM
    Yeah, that seems too simple of an operation, to have him throw that in my face on how awesome PCs are... but one never knows...
    02-21-2014 10:35 PM
    Windows and android fanboys are very uneducated , and get angry at the least little comment against their shepherds... Ignore him! He prolly doesn't have clue what he's talking about.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    Last edited by the_tech_eater; 02-22-2014 at 03:10 PM.
    02-21-2014 11:06 PM
    Windows and android fanboys are very uneducated , and get angry at the least little comment against their shepherds... Ignore him! He prolly doesn't have clue what he's talking about.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    It's their opinion. Windows PC's and Android phones are good too.
    02-22-2014 09:08 PM
    If it's pushing different images to any more than a couple of monitors, there must be some serious GPU horsepower going on there. You can only have so many sources from a single graphics card, so he won't be doing this with any off-the-shelf computer.

If his argument is that a purpose built computer can perform some specific task better than an off-the-shelf general purpose computer, then he's just looking for an argument and not worth your time.
    02-23-2014 10:37 AM