Hello.

I'm planning to backup my iPad mini retina version using iCloud. But the only files I want to have a backup copy is the Camera Roll. Is it really possible to backup the photos only without the other files/apps and restore those photos on a freshly restored iPad Mini? I'm also planning to use iTunes, but I don't have my PC right now but I can borrow my brother's PC to use his iTunes and have my iPad Mini do a backup there. Is it possible to use a different iTunes account/PC without erasing my files or syncing on the PC with his files?

Thanks.
    02-21-2014 01:59 AM
    Q1. (I'm planning to backup my iPad mini retina version using iCloud. But the only files I want to have a backup copy is the Camera Roll. Is it really possible to backup the photos only without the other files/apps and restore those photos on a freshly restored iPad Mini?)

Ans: yes you take camera roll backup , exclude other apps data if u don't want
    for that just go to settings>iCloud>Storage & Backup>Manage Storage>Select 1st one device like this ipad>backup options choose the data you want to backup

Q2. I'm also planning to use iTunes, but I don't have my PC right now but I can borrow my brother's PC to use his iTunes and have my iPad Mini do a backup there. Is it possible to use a different iTunes account/PC without erasing my files or syncing on the PC with his files?

Ans: you can sync itune on same pc . you have to create other user which give fresh itunes login account
    02-21-2014 02:18 AM
    First question...you can tell the backup to exclude applications and only include the camera roll, but it's still going to back up personal files, contacts, iMessage and all of the other native iPhone functions that are typically saved within the backup. You can't turn those things off and isolate ONLY the camera roll for back up purposes. Again though, you can exclude all the apps you deselect.

Second question...you can use another iTunes account (a newly created one), but if the applications on the device were purchased or installed using a different account, they will be lost when you sync the device to a newly created iTunes account.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    02-21-2014 07:48 AM
    If you have access to Dropbox they have a feature where you can upload the phones camera roll, make sure you are on a good network signal either LTE or Wi-Fi. You will need their iOS app but it is a separate option. I use this along with iCloud so they are backed up.

If you use an external hard-drive you can use that for your personal iTunes storage and then have it with you when you get to your brother's and have his iTunes going for the external hard-drive before attaching your iDevice.
    02-21-2014 10:05 AM