iphone 5 not charging at all

I

iMore Question

My phone will not charge when I plug it in, the cord is bending a new angle than ever before. I did spill soda on my phone a few days ago, but i cleaned it and everything is functioning properly, including the speakers. I dont know what to do, any ideas?

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
When you say "cord is bending a new angle,, that means?? If there is a kink in the charging cord, perhaps try a new cord..

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Also look and make sure you don't see any red from liquid damage in the ports, Try a new cord and go from there. Make sure you use the cord that came with the phone and the charger.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Does the charging cord have any exposed or frayed wires? Does the cord work on any other iDevices that you can test?

The fact that you spilled liquid on the phone may indicate that some got inside the phone...liquid damage can take all different kinds of forms, and some of the main issues can show up much later than when the incident actually happened. If the cord works on other devices, and just not on your iPhone, you probably got soda in the charging port of the device and will need to either have it cleaned or repaired unfortunately.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR