I work as a screen print artist for a small company in Michigan. All of my salesmen have finally upgraded from carrying paper copies of artwork designs around to getting iPads. So now we can sync all our newest designs with their iPads and they have all of our thousands of designs in one place.

Now the issue:
    Since I have started working here (3 years ago) we have put design reference numbers in all of our jpeg proofs, so visually in the actual design. But the older designs (around 500 or so) have the reference name in the file name, not in the actual image. Now with the stock setting Photos does not display the file name. And with all my efforts there seems to be no way to make the file names appear. This is a very specific issue, but a very necessary one for our day to day task.

The question:
    Is there a way to make the file name appear in the Photos app? If not does anyone know of an app that allows the file names to be displayed?

Everything up unto this point with the salesmen's iPads has been simple enough, syncing and backup has been a breeze. And even the way that we have all the files organized (by each sport/activity and year) is preserved when viewed in Photos. But no file names. It really makes me wonder why Apple decided to omit file names, or at least not make it an option.

Thanks for any input!
    02-19-2014 04:50 PM
    You will not be able to to what you want with the ones you have now but if you come up with a template or set of numbers or whatever you want to do to identify the new ones much like when they use to place an L or R on an X-Ray for left and right and take the picture or work, You will have it on there or there are apps for watermarks.
    02-19-2014 05:15 PM
    I work as a screen print artist for a small company in Michigan. All of my salesmen have finally upgraded from carrying paper copies of artwork designs around to getting iPads. So now we can sync all our newest designs with their iPads and they have all of our thousands of designs in one place.

Now the issue:
    Since I have started working here (3 years ago) we have put design reference numbers in all of our jpeg proofs, so visually in the actual design. But the older designs (around 500 or so) have the reference name in the file name, not in the actual image. Now with the stock setting Photos does not display the file name. And with all my efforts there seems to be no way to make the file names appear. This is a very specific issue, but a very necessary one for our day to day task.

The question:
    Is there a way to make the file name appear in the Photos app? If not does anyone know of an app that allows the file names to be displayed?

Everything up unto this point with the salesmen's iPads has been simple enough, syncing and backup has been a breeze. And even the way that we have all the files organized (by each sport/activity and year) is preserved when viewed in Photos. But no file names. It really makes me wonder why Apple decided to omit file names, or at least not make it an option.

Thanks for any input!
    I have used Photo Manager Pro to generate file names when I need them. I completely understand your situation. This is probably the most puzzling thing I have come across when using my iPhone or iPad. Totally baffles me as to why files names are not automatic for these devices. Photo Manager is just one option to help.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    02-19-2014 11:58 PM