What constitutes this ecosystem for you? I have a Mac, because i dislike Windows and Linux is not enough anymore, I have an iPhone because it works all the time, and I have had very bad experiences on Android as a phone platform, but I have a Nexus 7 because it is small comfortable and pretty decent especially for the price. I use Google for Mail, Calendar and Contacts, I use OneDrive for cloud storage, I use Kindle for books, Netflix for movies, Deezer for music and all of the above work perfectly on all my devices. These days you can have any combination of devices and you can get by just fine. I recommend two things.

1. Always buy the devices you want.
    2. It is good to have a Mac and at least one iOS devices, for Airplay. It is very great feature.
    02-19-2014 11:13 AM
    At the end of the day is a matter of personal preference, but since you are asking if it's worth, then yes it is. I love how I don't need to send stuff from one device to another or wonder "Where did I put this?" or "where did I save it?" I do one thing on a device and don't even need to break my head thinking how to get it into the other, it'll be there (except for videos perhaps) If I write something on pages in my iPad or take/save a picture, I just open my Mac and finish it there and if I'm on a rush and go out, just email it from my iPhone, right where I left off. I like how it is all so simple, it just...works out of the box, it's not perfect of course but most things work well. I'm guessing you'll need a lot of that for university
    02-20-2014 12:22 AM
27 12