Anyone ever run into a restore failing? I get the message " cant complete restore error (9)". I have tried several times, and I had to do the restore because the phone kept freezing up. safe to say the phone is done for?
    02-18-2014 11:24 AM
    I've come across that a time or two but it'll take. Just put the device in DFU mode and try again.
    02-18-2014 11:26 AM
    I've come across that a time or two but it'll take. Just put the device in DFU mode and try again.
    Yeah only issue is the phone is now mid restore and you cant do anything. its basically bricked until that restore will go through. This is kind of weird I have never ran into this before
    02-18-2014 11:29 AM
    I remember you asked this yesterday and you were convinced that since you could not get it to keep from freezing I think your words were you were heading to the Apple store - Should have gone.
    02-18-2014 11:37 AM
    I remember you asked this yesterday and you were convinced that since you could not get it to keep from freezing I think your words were you were heading to the Apple store - Should have gone.
    Thanks for the help.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    02-18-2014 11:39 AM
    Thanks for the help.
    I hope you are not taking this wrong as I am just reminding you. If you wish to take the advice given great but you are saying you can't and that is why I reminded you about you saying you were going to Apple which you should do.
    02-18-2014 11:44 AM
    Yeah only issue is the phone is now mid restore and you cant do anything. its basically bricked until that restore will go through. This is kind of weird I have never ran into this before
    Have you tried downloading the ipsw file onto your hard drive and then direct iTunes to restore the downloaded file instead of trying to go through the usual process?
    02-18-2014 12:08 PM
    I hope you are not taking this wrong as I am just reminding you. If you wish to take the advice given great but you are saying you can't and that is why I reminded you about you saying you were going to Apple which you should do.
    NO NO NO I didn't take it the wrong way, my apologies after reviewing it again I realized how bad that sounded, what I meant was thank you for the help yesterday. lol
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    02-18-2014 01:59 PM
    Have you tried downloading the ipsw file onto your hard drive and then direct iTunes to restore the downloaded file instead of trying to go through the usual process?
    Yeah I ended up getting the thing to restore, but then it started doing it again. When I spoke to apple they said that it may be a problem with the LCD screen that is making it cut in and out like I was having not the software, so I just went and purchased a new 5s since there is no apple store close by and when I get to apple again ill have them repair it and sell my old one. Thank you for trying to help me resolve my issues. much appreciated.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    02-18-2014 02:01 PM
    Yeah I ended up getting the thing to restore, but then it started doing it again. When I spoke to apple they said that it may be a problem with the LCD screen that is making it cut in and out like I was having not the software, so I just went and purchased a new 5s since there is no apple store close by and when I get to apple again ill have them repair it and sell my old one. Thank you for trying to help me resolve my issues. much appreciated.
    I did not read this...Drastic measures but at least you now have a working phone. I wish you did not have to go through all that.
    HAWK likes this.
    02-18-2014 02:04 PM
    I did not read this...Drastic measures but at least you now have a working phone. I wish you did not have to go through all that.
    Gotta have some excuse to work overtime lol
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    02-18-2014 02:07 PM
    NO NO NO I didn't take it the wrong way, my apologies after reviewing it again I realized how bad that sounded, what I meant was thank you for the help yesterday. lol
    It's all good and anytime, Just ask. Glad though you got your issue taken care of as I stated but too bad you had to go to those measures.
    02-18-2014 02:07 PM
    You're very welcome, and good luck with your new 5S...
    02-18-2014 02:24 PM
    Enjoy your new iPhone 5S. Hopefully that problem won't happen again.
    02-18-2014 03:56 PM