Hello, I just updated my iphone 3s to the latest version of IOS. Now it keeps looping between setup language, to choose country, to choose network and then setup iphone. I have now connected it to my computer and backed up about 4 times. Each time the computer says the iphone is ready but all i get back to is the same loop; hello, slide to setup etc.... How do i get my phone working again?
    02-16-2014 06:39 PM
    I did not think the iPhone 3 was an eligible phone for the IOS 7 update but I have been wrong before... Anyone else??
    02-16-2014 06:50 PM
    Hello, I just updated my iphone 3s to the latest version of IOS. Now it keeps looping between setup language, to choose country, to choose network and then setup iphone. I have now connected it to my computer and backed up about 4 times. Each time the computer says the iphone is ready but all i get back to is the same loop; hello, slide to setup etc.... How do i get my phone working again?
    First of all, do you mean the iPhone 3GS? If so, iPhones prior to the iPhone 4 is NOT compatible with iOS 7.
    02-16-2014 06:52 PM
    when my daughter connected the phone to itunes, it said update available for this phone and so she updated.. now i don't have a working phone
    02-16-2014 06:55 PM
    yes iphone 3GS.. so what do i do now?
    02-16-2014 06:56 PM
    First of all, do you mean the iPhone 3GS? If so, iPhones prior to the iPhone 4 is NOT compatible with iOS 7.
    Thank you for the confirmation 'D. I did not think the 3 series was eligible for IOS 7 upgrade.
    02-16-2014 06:59 PM
    Restore the phone in iTunes using one of your backups. Like others have said, iOS 7 was not available to the 3GS...it is possible that you were being updated to a later version of iOS 6, but as to why you're in a loop now, it could be a number of things, including an interrupted firmware update process.

Restore and report back.
    02-16-2014 07:14 PM
    have tried to restore it a few times but always locked up in loop plus my itunes does not even recognise the phone now! AND it seems my phone is a iphone 4! Some one suggested it is a problem that occurs with itunes on windows computer.. ie it is a problem of windows, that if i connect it to itunes on a mac it should resolve. Is that true? Have to wait till tonight then, to acces a Mac...
    02-16-2014 09:33 PM
    have tried to restore it a few times but always locked up in loop plus my itunes does not even recognise the phone now! AND it seems my phone is a iphone 4! Some one suggested it is a problem that occurs with itunes on windows computer.. ie it is a problem of windows, that if i connect it to itunes on a mac it should resolve. Is that true? Have to wait till tonight then, to acces a Mac...
    Please confirm which iPhone you have. Afterwards, assume that all data will be lost upon getting back to working properly. Having said that, put the device in DFU Mode. To do that, follow the instructions via the following link:

http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

Note: when the device is in DFU Mode, you will NOT see anything on its display, however, iTunes will recognize it as being in recovery mode. iTunes will then download and install a fresh copy of the latest iOS version available for your device. Afterwards, you can set up the device as new or restore from a backup.

If it doesn't work the first time, re-try. If it gets stuck during activation, reboot the device.
    02-16-2014 09:41 PM