Macbook Pro buying advise

I

iMore Question

I am a .NET developer and using windows platform for last 12 years. I do development in .NET framework for living and by interest, I would like to work in different frameworks. I am also planning to learn iOS development. So I am planning to buy my first Macbook Pro. But bit confused that, which model should I buy. I am not a gamer, infect, I don't play any game at all not even a solitare. I will use Windows on top of the OS X with parallel or VM for .NET or any windows related task, but OS X will be my primary interface. Which macbook pro is good for me 13 inch or 15 inch. Occasionally, I would be editing any family video or Photos.

Help is appriciated

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am a .NET developer and using windows platform for last 12 years. I do development in .NET framework for living and by interest, I would like to work in different frameworks. I am also planning to learn iOS development. So I am planning to buy my first Macbook Pro. But bit confused that, which model should I buy. I am not a gamer, infect, I don't play any game at all not even a solitare. I will use Windows on top of the OS X with parallel or VM for .NET or any windows related task, but OS X will be my primary interface. Which macbook pro is good for me 13 inch or 15 inch. Occasionally, I would be editing any family video or Photos.

Help is appriciated
If size is your only concern then go with the size you find easier to transport. Personally, I think the 13" display is the perfect size for a laptop.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Nothing you listed really make an argument one way or another in my opinion...so it's kind of hard to give you a "best for you" answer. I prefer 13"...so I will always suggest such under general situations where a larger screen doesn't really make a difference. I also feel that I'm getting more computer for my money when I go with the smaller screen, because I personally don't do anything on my Macbook Pro that require a larger screen, so I'd rather the money go into storage and performance vs. visual real estate.

nitya1979

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I already have 23 inch DELL LED monitor, which I some time use with current laptop. Ratina display also provides decent real estate, I assume. My most concern is not related to real estate. It is performance. Will 2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor be good for development assuming, I am using windows in parallel.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It will work just fine. It's always best to buy the highest spec'ed machine your budget can afford, but the i5 will work fine for you.

Just to clarify, the retina display has really nothing to do with the size as much as the clarity...and retina is offered on both the 13" and 15".

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner