Hello. I have a question regarding iCloud accounts. In several other posts I've read people suggesting that the iCloud account be deleted to solve whatever the issue may be. My question is how do you actually delete an iCloud account??

I ask because I have two iCloud accounts but only because I could not actually delete the first. I removed everything from the first account, and made it inactive by no longer using it, but most of the Apple forums stated once you've created the account, it's there for good. You can only make it "inactive".

If there is actually a way to DELETE the account, could someone please provide the steps? I would love to be able to delete that first account so I no longer need to be concerned about it.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    02-16-2014 02:06 AM
    If you DO already have a NEW active iCloud account just use it, Forget the old one and just leave it alone. If there is nothing in it and you made it inactive, Nothing to worry about.
    02-16-2014 09:09 AM
    Go to appleid.apple.com, login to "Manage Your Apple ID", go to the section that includes the email address, choose the alternate/iCloud email address you want to delete and then delete it.
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    02-16-2014 10:39 AM
    Hello. I have a question regarding iCloud accounts. In several other posts I've read people suggesting that the iCloud account be deleted to solve whatever the issue may be. My question is how do you actually delete an iCloud account??

I ask because I have two iCloud accounts but only because I could not actually delete the first. I removed everything from the first account, and made it inactive by no longer using it, but most of the Apple forums stated once you've created the account, it's there for good. You can only make it "inactive".

If there is actually a way to DELETE the account, could someone please provide the steps? I would love to be able to delete that first account so I no longer need to be concerned about it.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    It is very easy, as long as you have access to APPS
    04-23-2014 12:55 PM