How to sync new iPhone 5S to existing itunes library (formerly had iPhone 4)

I

iMore Question

Just upgraded to a iPhone 5S from iPhone 4..how do I sync to my existing iTunes library? Don't think iTunes recognizes new phone?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Open iTunes and connect the phone to the computer using the lightning cable. There should be an iPhone tab on the top right by this point and you have to click on that to choose what to sync.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Why are you saying that iTunes is not recognizing your Brand New 5S? After it installs the new drivers presuming for now you are on a PC and it let's you know that they have been installed you should see on the left hand side the name of your new phone which most likely is going to be the same as the old. Once you see it click on it and at the top you will have tabs telling you everything starting with a Summary from what you can select to sync and just go from there. If anything turns out to be any different, Please get back to us and we will help you to get to the problem.

6paul9

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
It won't recognize it if he's not using the Latest version of iTunes ! That happens a lot also. Especially if their not running the same versions like 7.0.4 and the iPhone 4 is 6.1.3 it will NOT recognize it all all !!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox