Can I disable notifications over bluetooth like on Android?

I

iMore Question

I've moved over iOS from Android a couple of months ago and there is one aspect of the OS that really irks me (unless I'm missing an obvious setting).

When pairing a bluetooth device (in this case my car's built-in handsfree) over Android you can choose to allow phone calls and media separately, meaning I could receive call notifications but messages and other tones would not interrupt music.

However, on iOS, there doesn't appear to be any internal distinction between calls or other noticiations/tones (including keyboard, lock sounds etc), meaning that I have to have the phone on silent when in the car otherwise music is constantly interrupted.

Am I missing something here - like an obvious setting - or is this just a limitation of the OS?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Everything I have read on seperate bluetooth like Jabra including the built in to the car like mine, This is how it works so just silent you phone and your issue will be gone. Maybe not what you want to do but unless there is even something I am missing, That is it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The "Do Not Disturb" function can do this to an extent...but no, there is no specific setting for separating which notifications you want to be alerted to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2