Used Redsnow to get into DFU mode, Now get me out!

I

iMore Question

Hello,

I have an Ipod Touch 2g with 4.2.1 on it. The power button is beginning to fail so I have been attempting to Jailbreak with very little success. Redsn0w has gotten me so close with their forced DFU IPSW option. It took me through the process, I even got the error 37 message in Itunes (most up to date version 11.1.something or other). Whether iTunes was not recognizing my Ipod in recovery mode or it was taking some time and got interrupted by being closed out, I do not know. Now my Ipod is black screen, it does not pop up in iTunes, Redsn0w can not detect it, and the manual escape mode of holding power + home button until it powers on does not work (it has worked for me in the past).

Is there a method of rebooting/escaping/exiting out of this Redsn0w induced DFU mode without the use of the buttons?

Thanks

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would like to say that I am here to help you with your problem and in a way I am. I am not that knowledgeable on JB issues with IOS devices so i am asking that you please be patient with us as there will be other staff members that are coming on soon that will be able to help steer you in the right direction. Thank you for coming to us and also being patient. You will get an answer I am sure real soon. :)

samuela

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
I had a feeling that may be the only way so I have ordered the replacement power button circuit and the tools needed to take the case apart. That being said I have new concerns.

-With my iPod in its current DFU "pwned" state, will that cause problems when I disconnect the old circuit and plug in a new one? Will it be able detect my new botton-circuit?
-If my iPod battery dies while in this state will I be able to charge it back up to then do the appropriate DFU exiting?

That is of course assuming I don't totally destroy it in the attempt to disassemble it:D . Anyway, thanks for the quick response and attention to a question that has been asked so many times.

A quick curiosity. iTunes, Redsn0w, and Greenpois0n can't detect my device it seems (iTunes won't even open if it is plugged in while I try to open it). Snowbreeze has been able to "Detect for me" my Ipod touch generation and model (MB). Through manage>device managers I can see that under the USB controllers my computer is also detecting the device (also apparent with the good "dun-DUN" sound we all know). Any glimmers of hope in that?

Again, you are all very much appreciated by me!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I had a feeling that may be the only way so I have ordered the replacement power button circuit and the tools needed to take the case apart. That being said I have new concerns.

-With my iPod in its current DFU "pwned" state, will that cause problems when I disconnect the old circuit and plug in a new one? Will it be able detect my new botton-circuit?
-If my iPod battery dies while in this state will I be able to charge it back up to then do the appropriate DFU exiting?

That is of course assuming I don't totally destroy it in the attempt to disassemble it:D . Anyway, thanks for the quick response and attention to a question that has been asked so many times.

A quick curiosity. iTunes, Redsn0w, and Greenpois0n can't detect my device it seems (iTunes won't even open if it is plugged in while I try to open it). Snowbreeze has been able to "Detect for me" my Ipod touch generation and model (MB). Through manage>device managers I can see that under the USB controllers my computer is also detecting the device (also apparent with the good "dun-DUN" sound we all know). Any glimmers of hope in that?

Again, you are all very much appreciated by me!

Glad you found help here. Welcome to iMore!!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2