Everything using photos is crashing....help please

I

iMore Question

Hi! I hope this is in the right place. I need some help. Everything that uses photos is crashing on my phone. I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 running 7.0.4. It just started doing this last night but everything using photos crashes. The photo app, tumblr, Facebook & messages customiser. So uninstalled it thinking that would help but it didn't. I have no idea what's causing this. I've cleared out caches using iCleaner & that doesn't seem to be helping. The tweaks I have installed are activator, iCleaner pro, bitesms, asktocall, callbar, alkaline, blurred music app, bytafont 2, browser changer, Carla-ios7, winterboard, tinybar, zeppelin, springtomize 3, ccicons, cctoggles, flagpaint7, glare music app, hiddensettings7, file, infinidock, iPhone4parallax, ncallonly, nitrous, ringer & tones, subtlelock (iOS 7), superhero zeppelin pack, surr3al ios 7 statusbar.

I've reinstalled cydia substrate & safe mode. I've rebooted my phone, nothing. Can someone help me please & thank you?

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I would uninstall your tweaks one by one until you find the culprit. If that doesn't work you may have to restore your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tornstick

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
If not too late disregard the nay sayers and while it will take some time open iCleaner Pro, hit + at bottom left, open Mobile Substrates and start turning possible problem tweaks one by one (applying and respringing each time and remember the last ones disabled). I would start with Springtimizer 3 first as it tries to do too much in one tweak). Now you will hopefully find your problem. If you do turn all back on before you uninstall the culprit as otherwise you create an orphan that gums things up (although mobile terminal iscript "mobile substrate orphan" will easily remove it). Disable only a few at a time trying to avoid things like icon support, sandbox, etc. and maybe try this before you go on hunt: put iphone into safe mode and make sure it is a wayward tweak and not something more basic. And don't listen to to trolls screaming "jailbreak will send you to Hell!"

Tornstick

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
If not too late disregard the nay sayers and while it will take some time open iCleaner Pro, hit + at bottom left, open Mobile Substrates (ms's) and start turning possible problem tweaks off one by one (applying and respringing each time and remember the last ones disabled each time). I would start with Springtimizer 3 first as it tries to do too much in one tweak and conflicts with other tweaks you might have. Now this way you will hopefully locate your problem tweak. If you do find it, enable all mobile substrates back on before you uninstall the culprit as otherwise you create an "orphan substrate" that gums things up (although mobile terminal iscript "mobile substrate orphan" installed from Cydia will easily remove it). Disable only a few at a time trying to avoid things that will mess up your layouts or are obviously not the problem like icon support, etc. And come to think of it, I assumed you had done this next test already but if not try this before you go on the substrate hunt: put iphone into "safe mode" to make sure it is a wayward tweak and not something more basic. If it runs fine in safe mode then it's a tweak(s). And don't listen to to trolls screaming "jailbreak will send you to Hell!" If all works in safe mode (hold power and home til phone goes black and then press volume up until phone is back to lockscreen on) then start disablind ms's. You can still use Cydia, terminal and iFile and others but most tweaks need ms's to run.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Before you do anything else, simply open the Photos app to make sure your photos are there. There has been a bug in iOS 7 that corrupts the photo library--when you open the app it will appear that you have no photos at all, and then it will begin a Restoring Library process. If this was the issue, then once that's done, apps that use the photos will work again (you may need to delete them from the multitasking bar and relaunch them first).

FWIW I've had this happen on both jailbroken and stock devices.