Received Gif images do not move on my iPhone. Why?

I

iMore Question

When my friend sends me a gif image, I receive the gif in imessage / the message thread, but it does not move. I have an Iphone 5 and ATT service.

When my friend sends the image to another person with the same phone and service, the image plays.

Do you know why this is happening?

My friend is sending the image from his Andriod Galaxy S4, uses Sprint, and sent the image through Google Hangouts as an MMS.

The image is about 1000KB

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If when being sent it becomes a static image it will not move. I have saved these images that are moving from the web and even w/i posts to my PC but once I open the image it is not moving either unless I then upload it it to a post, Then it moves again.

As far as why your friends move on a different carrier sent to someone else I have no answer for.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had no issues with gif's not moving when sent...I have noticed, at times, that the gifs do not loop...but they always play through at least once.

I would try a hard restart on the phone itself.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Maybe my static is your loop saying the same thing but I have saved them to a PC and they will not 'Loop' Until I resend them. On the phone I am not sure now thinking about it.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
You need to make sure that you have the MMS slider set to 'ON' in your settings under Messages.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I think the problem is possibly on his end. When using Google Hangouts, the file can get the format changed. I remember I would send my guy .GIF's and hangouts would change them to .JPEG. However, when I disabled hangouts as the default messenger, we stopped having that issue.

That's just what I experienced.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice