all of the sound on my i phone 4s wont work cant hear calls they cant hear me no sound or vibration whatsoever everything else work fine.ive changed speaker docking point new battery and chemically cleaned it .could this be a softwear problem ?.
    02-07-2014 11:49 AM
    Can you hear sound when you connect a pair of headphones or a bluetooth device to it? If so, and if the sound & notification settings are adjusted correctly then it is possible that you have a malfunctioning speaker and mic. If you have the time, restore your device and set it up as new to see if the sound returns. If not, then the problem is probably hardware-related.
    markpobsy likes this.
    02-07-2014 12:31 PM
    If all appears to be true by the advice given even if you have a 4S and it might be out of warranty, You need it to work, Make an appt. with your closest Apple Genius Bar.
    markpobsy likes this.
    02-07-2014 01:26 PM
    Had the same issue with my old iPhone 4S. Turns out to be hardware issue so I had to replace the mic and speaker both of them. Afterwards, it was working fine. You may try to restore it first.
    markpobsy likes this.
    02-07-2014 01:28 PM
    no sound with headphones either i changed mic and speaker. the sound and vibration just stopped working.i have set it up from new again restored it still nothing .
    02-07-2014 03:06 PM
    replaced speaker and mic restored it still nothing it had a bit of water damage 6 months previous but sound still worked till now.
    02-07-2014 03:13 PM
    as for the apple genious bar ihave been told apple wont touch it if ive tried to fix it myself.
    02-07-2014 03:18 PM
    Call another Apple store or just talk to someone else at the same store and this time DON'T say anything about you trying to fix it. Go in and let them assume or tell you what they can or cannot do.
    iRiidium likes this.
    02-07-2014 04:23 PM
    replaced speaker and mic restored it still nothing it had a bit of water damage 6 months previous but sound still worked till now.
    Pretty key piece of information left out of the original post there...lol.

The tricky thing about water damage is that it doesn't always show it's ugly face immediately, or even remotely close to the time it happens...sometimes it can continue working until *poof*...and whichever part that was clinging on to life suddenly dies.

It's very possible that the board on the inside is damaged, and if that is the case, you might as well plan to buy another iPhone.
    02-07-2014 04:54 PM
    Pretty key piece of information left out of the original post there...lol.

The tricky thing about water damage is that it doesn't always show it's ugly face immediately, or even remotely close to the time it happens...sometimes it can continue working until *poof*...and whichever part that was clinging on to life suddenly dies.

It's very possible that the board on the inside is damaged, and if that is the case, you might as well plan to buy another iPhone.
    You beat me to it, and you are spot-on, sir. Thanks…
    nikkisharif and markpobsy like this.
    02-07-2014 06:03 PM