X partner using my icloud account

I

iMore Question

My x partner is using my icloud account which i had set up on his lap top when we where together there are photos and personal
information about me which is very private he is putting it on the net also sending to people i know i really need your help and advise

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Change your iCloud password so the X can't get in to your cloud account but if your X already off loaded the photos to the laptop your out of luck

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
As stated by the OP the X is already posting them on the web and by the advise given by Kataran that is all he can do is change the password, Delete the account and Make another one and try and prevent anymore damage being done.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Ahhh the X
Damage is done. You've just had one of those wonderful life lessons.
Don't give out your passwords EVER to access information that you do not want Auntie Em, your mother, or your futureX to see.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Delete the account and hope he didn't safe all your info on his laptop. And as Elizabeth stated...never give anyone your passwords or sign into an account on a device that isn't yours. iCloud if free...he could of gotten his own account!!!

Exsurgo

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
How do you delete an iCloud account? Good advice, but I didn't think you could "delete" it? You can change the password and make it inactive, then start a new iCloud account, but I thought once it's there..it's there. Otherwise I'd only have one!

Good luck to the OP.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My x partner is using my icloud account which i had set up on his lap top when we where together there are photos and personal
information about me which is very private he is putting it on the net also sending to people i know i really need your help and advise

Log into iCloud change password then your pics will stop syncing to his laptop any pics that already synced will stay at least if it is a windows PC .. Not sure if it syncs two ways on a Mac or not.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
All good advice but I would like to add that you should call the cops because that is clearly invasion of privacy. It wasn't a joint account and the fact that he is posting it on the web where you don't want it has to be against some kind of laws. You might also be able to contact the sites where it's been posted and ask for it to be removed.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner