A TV that I didn't order was sent to my home. What should I do?

I

iMore Question

i got tv delivered in my house.but i didnt placed any order
what to do

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Call the place that delivered it and ask why it was delivered to your house...or check with the delivery company and see if they delivered it to you by mistake.

This is really irrelevant to our community here so I'm not quite sure why you're posting it here...the answer seems to be fairly common sense.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Wait and see if one of your neighbors asks about receiving notice a delivery for them was left with you... notify your local law enforcement of the errant delivery... or if it is addressed to you... it's yours to keep. But I'd monitor credit cards and bank accounts for unusual activity that could account for the delivery...

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If you are looking for us to tell you to keep it your not gonna get that response. Do the right thing and call the company that sent it. It's probably on the packing slip.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I assume you know at least a few of your neighbors. Many items that are sent to the wrong address are usually a house or mailbox away from the intended delivery place. If there's a name on it, get with your neighbors to determine who that person is. If not, you can always notify the postal service to let them know that they delivered the TV to your home by mistake.

Last edited:

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Do the right thing. Who's name and address was on the box? Check with your neighbors, then call the company that sent it.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Check the address first .. Second test it out give it a full review jk :) then return to sender

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

etad putta

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Enjoy the Olympics on your new TV. Too bad it didn't come in time for the Superbowl. And don't complain if it has a dead pixel.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Um, does it belong to you? No? Contact the shipper and have them issue a return or revised shipping label.

Did no one teach you any moral values growing up?

From the number of these types of "questions" that show up here, it would appear that there were no moral values taught since about 1990... makes one wonder what the next generation will be like...

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
But I'd monitor credit cards and bank accounts for unusual activity that could account for the delivery...

This is very important, especially if your name and/or address is on the shipping label! We've already had our credit card number used by others (read: crooks), and we didn't know it until we started receiving items we didn't order. Turned out the vendor ships to the address on the credit card account. This could be the case for you. Someone else used your card to buy something, but the item was shipped to you because of your address on the credit card.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW