How to backup and restore iTunes on Windows 7

p08757

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
My Windows 7 computer needs to be reformatted and re-loaded. My wife has all of her music stored on this computer.

I know how to backup all of the music files, and I can get them back on the computer. But! I remember from past experiences that when I do this, the iPad and iPod think it is connecting to a new library and wants to reset as if I just got the device.

Is there a way to do a backup and restore and have her iPad not reset when she plugges it into the computer?

Thanks for any help.

If it helps she has an iPad version 1

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If i am not mistaken when the devices detect a new drive and that computer is not authorized yet with iTunes, What you are discribing is how it works. The rest you said you know. You might want to go to Apple.com and read up on this procedure in the support section just to make sure. :) Good luck.

p08757

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.

I was affraid of that. Is there a way to save her progress in Candy Crush? LOL She will kill me if she has to start from the begining.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.

I was affraid of that. Is there a way to save her progress in Candy Crush? LOL She will kill me if she has to start from the beginning.
For that you might need to visit the Developer site via iTunes to ask that question or see if they list any FAQs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods