Best really depends on reception which varies by location.

For value, nothing beats tmobile. When I head down to the states I always use my tmobile SIM card. They give them for free in usa, crazy I know ! That's unheard of in Canada. Well, it's free as long as you activate a plan. I usually use one of the prepaid plans which I can change at anytime on their site.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app
    I've never used a US sim when I went down. Reason for it is because i wanted the same #. Rogers has better plans now for USA as I see. If u don't buy a plan or anything I would just keep data off.. Receiving text messages are free so there wouldn't be any charges for me. Back on the question I asked I will try both out and see what's best coverage for me. I'm more leaning towards AT&T due to the strong reception I had last time.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    01-31-2014 10:11 AM
    I'll be moving to USA for 4 years for school.. My friends have told me to go with AT&T or T-Mobile. They also told me regarding roaming outside USA when I visit my family in Canada again I won't be charged for incoming text messages and keep Data Off and I'll get 0 charges. They told me that Verizon on the other hand charges 0.05 for text messages which I don't like..
    Keeping my Rogers SIM card will be more expensive as they do have a monthly plan of $40 but that will be too much money on top of my plan I use in Canada every month. If I was staying for only 1-4 months then I would not change. please let me know your opinions thanks.

Just buy a Verizon 5S. Verizon has the best coverage on the east coast, and when you are done, you can just pop in your rogers SIM. According to user submitted studies, you can get pretty good gsm coverage on a Verizon 5S. So when you visit, just pop in a canadian sim, and you're good to go
    01-31-2014 03:04 PM
    Just buy a Verizon 5S. Verizon has the best coverage on the east coast, and when you are done, you can just pop in your rogers SIM. According to user submitted studies, you can get pretty good gsm coverage on a Verizon 5S. So when you visit, just pop in a canadian sim, and you're good to go
    Ok thanks for the info. I'm just going to Unlock my Iphone through Rogers and sign up with AT&T. As when i went down there with my Canadian sim I got very good coverage with AT&T.

01-31-2014 03:41 PM
28 12