How can I backup my iPod with no additional iCloud space?

CannibalisticBunny

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Okay, so I need to back up my iPod touch 4g but I don't have space on iCloud because there's another backup that my dad made and I'm afraid that if I delete it, it'll delete everything on his iPad. It's a back up from an iPod that broke and he put it on his other devices. So I'm afraid that if I delete the backup, everything will be erased....I need to jailbreak...

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. If you delete the backup from iCloud, you won't delete the data off the iPad. If you don't want to delete the data off of iCloud you can backup to iTunes on your computer.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I need to back up my iPod touch 4g but I don't have space on iCloud because there's another backup that my dad made and I'm afraid that if I delete it, it'll delete everything on his iPad. It's a back up from an iPod that broke and he put it on his other devices. So I'm afraid that if I delete the backup, everything will be erased....I need to jailbreak...
Deleting a backup from iCloud or iTunes does NOT delete anything from the device. It is used solely for restoring info in the case of an equipment exchange or if you yourself set up as new and wanted to restore the backup.
As stated just back up to iTunes, Delete the back up after explaining to dad what you are doing and were advised or buy addl. space. That covers all the answers in one for you. Good luck and Welcome.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but on iTunes, it keeps asking me to reboot my iPod or restart as new, and it won't let me do anything else.
Rebooting your iPod will not hurt anything... Starting from new qill wipe all info and that was the answer i gave you on what a backup is used for. Restoring. You can reboot and it will not remove what you have on it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner