Video playback playback grainy and clunky on my iPhone 4, but not my husband's

zanix

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
When I receive videos from other iphones they playback grainy and clunky on my iphone 4. But my husband has the same phone and the same videos play back crystal clear and smooth on his. Is there a setting that needs to be changed? What could be causing this?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Are these videos HE is sending you that are actually located on his iPhone originally? Or are these videos being sent to both of you from an outside source?

zanix

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
The carrier might be compressing the video.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Really? They would do that to one line on the account and not the other? We do not even use 1/3 of our data allowance monthly.
So I guess there is no setting on my phone I am overlooking to cause this?

zanix

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
It isn't all videos coming from other iPhone users. So I wonder if it depends on the length if it truly is the carrier compressing the video.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Really? They would do that to one line on the account and not the other? We do not even use 1/3 of our data allowance monthly.
So I guess there is no setting on my phone I am overlooking to cause this?

Videos sent or received via MMS don't go against your data plan.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It isn't all videos coming from other iPhone users. So I wonder if it depends on the length if it truly is the carrier compressing the video.

It goes by file size of the video.

zanix

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Trying a restore of your phone as new.

Is that the same thing that was done by the prior owner when we bought the phone in September? Or is it something different?
Also, it's not all incoming videos. Some come across clear.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So then why would Verizon feel the need to compress the video?

Would you want someone to send you a video that is 6GB is size and is in a resolution your phone doesn't support?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Is that the same thing that was done by the prior owner when we bought the phone in September? Or is it something different?
Also, it's not all incoming videos. Some come across clear.

Yes.
The videos that play grainy on your phone play clear on your hubby's phone?
If you do a restore make sure you back up.

zanix

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Would you want someone to send you a video that is 6GB is size and is in a resolution your phone doesn't support?

I guess I didn't realize an iphone 4 could send a video to another iphone 4 that wouldn't be supported. Hmmmm.....

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I guess I didn't realize an iphone 4 could send a video to another iphone 4 that wouldn't be supported. Hmmmm.....

I've sent a video from my 4S to someone with a 4S and the video was compressed via MMS.

Videos that are recorded in 1080p are most likely compressed, some 720p videos are too. Videos that are SD are not likely to be compressed. But it all depends on the file size.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73