Dear all:

I have an iphone 4 running iOS 5.1 which I jailbroke some time ago using the tethered redsnow. I really like my current phone set-up, apps, tweaks, etc and don't want to lose them.

Is there a way to upgrade to a more current iOS version and to an untethered jailbreak without losing my set-up, apps, tweaks, etc?

Yours truly

Noavt
    01-25-2014 09:26 AM
    There are apps available via Cydia that will back-up your jailbreak things so you can update the iOS... Jailbreak, then restore the jailbreak... First make sure your primary/most favorite tweaks are iOS7 ready/updated.
    01-25-2014 04:34 PM
    Dear all:

I have an iphone 4 running iOS 5.1 which I jailbroke some time ago using the tethered redsnow. I really like my current phone set-up, apps, tweaks, etc and don't want to lose them.

Is there a way to upgrade to a more current iOS version and to an untethered jailbreak without losing my set-up, apps, tweaks, etc?

Yours truly

Noavt
    Welcome to iMore.
    01-25-2014 04:54 PM
    Welcome to iMore! And yes, you can save your current jailbreak tweaks/apps by using any of the software available on cydia. Once done, upgrade your phone and then jailbreak it. After jailbreaking install that backup app and it will have a restore option which will allow you to restore all of your current tweaks to the latest iOS software. But make sure that your current tweaks have been updated to support the latest iOS version (iOS 7) or else they will not work. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    01-26-2014 06:37 AM
    Dear all: Thank you for your replies.

Another question, how do I find if my Cydia apps are iOS 7 compatible?
    01-26-2014 09:50 AM
    Dear all: Thank you for your replies.

Another question, how do I find if my Cydia apps are iOS 7 compatible?
    The description page for the tweak in cydia should tell you or look at the recent changes/change log of the tweak.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    01-26-2014 10:09 AM