Questions About iOS and Storage

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Forgive my ignorance as it has been awhile since I used iOS. I'm looking at switching from Android to iOS and have a few questions on how this works. I recently purchased a 16gb 5S on Swappa - I was looking for a 32gb but they seem to be harder to come by, and the 16 saved me a little money. My primary desire/need for storage is pictures and videos as I have two daughters and my smartphone is my primary camera. I'll have quite a few apps, but none of the really big games, just a couple here and there like Dots or some other quick time wasters, then after that just mainly social media and sports apps. All of my music is done through streaming, so I'm not worried about having any of it on the phone.

I had also planned on ordering a Retina Mini to go along with my phone and am wondering about what storage I should get. Obviously I'd love the 64 or 128, but I think they might be too expensive for what I need. The 32 seems the likely candidate, especially for cost. How exactly does Photo Stream work? Do the pictures I take with my phone automagically appear on the iPad? Do I have to transfer them from the phone to the iPad manually? What is the best method for this? If I delete them from my phone does it delete them from the iPad? I'm worried that the 16gb 5S won't have enough storage for me and I'll be juggling things a lot.

I may come across some more questions down the road, but thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes with Photo Stream turned on the iPad the pics you take in your iPhone appear the album Photo Stream on your iPad. You can save photos that are on the iPad photo stream to the camera roll of the iPad. That's what I would do when I had a 16 gig iPhone. Save the pics I wanted to keep to my 64 gig iPad.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums mobile app

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes with Photo Stream turned on the iPad the pics you take in your iPhone appear the album Photo Stream on your iPad. You can save photos that are on the iPad photo stream to the camera roll of the iPad. That's what I would do when I had a 16 gig iPhone. Save the pics I wanted to keep to my 64 gig iPad.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums mobile app

So if I take the pic with the phone and it appears on the Photo Stream on my iPad, if I delete it from the phone before saving it, is it gone forever or will it show up in the iPad's Photo Stream?

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses. I found a used 32gb so hopefully I won't have to worry about it too much. Good thing with Apple devices is they sell themselves!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner