So.. I just bought a iphone 4 from a friend. It has that stupid activation lock on it. So i go to enter his email and it says the email has been disabled for security reasons. So I try to reset it but when I go to yahoo it says the email has been erased from inactiveness. So there is no email to reset the Apple account. Is there anyway to overide this or hack to get around. Or some way to totally reset the phone to bypass this.
    01-23-2014 07:23 PM
    There is NO WAY to bypass activation lock. Get your money back from your friend, and give them back the phone/paperweight.
    01-23-2014 07:28 PM
    Welcome to iMore

The Answer is NO!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    01-23-2014 07:31 PM
    Welcome to iMore. I think there might be a chance but you have to change the email associated with the Apple ID if you can. If you can't, you better hope that person is a good friend and will give your money back.
    01-23-2014 09:02 PM
    Sorry you'll need the activation code. How good a friend is this person? Good luck.
    01-23-2014 09:37 PM
    Doesn't sound like a friend to me.

People stop buying phones if you're not sure that it'll work. Check everything first.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s
    01-23-2014 09:50 PM
    Doesn't sound like a friend to me.

People stop buying phones if you're not sure that it'll work. Check everything first.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s
    I would thank your post a thousand times if I could.
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    01-23-2014 09:52 PM
    Yeah hell give me the money back and it was 20 dollars so its all good.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-24-2014 04:28 PM
    Good to hear... Next time you go to buy an iPhone - make sure they can demonstrate that they have completely disabled Activation Lock.. iCloud: Find My iPhone Activation Lock in iOS 7
    01-24-2014 04:32 PM
    $20 for an iphone? No offense that should have been your first clue
    01-24-2014 05:30 PM
    I just posted a similar thread yesterday. I just got a different iPhone today and the seller met me at the sprint store and made sure we made a test call and also search a web page before I gave him a dime. I'm so happy right now. I now have a white iPhone 5c. I hope it works out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    01-24-2014 06:01 PM
    You are very lucky and count your blessings, Next time you will know what to do.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    01-24-2014 06:28 PM
    BS.

Your friend is either a lying thief (and you're naive as all hell), or just admit you had a stolen iPhone and when you realized you wouldn't be able to ever use it, you started looking to sell it to some other poor soul who won't check it properly.
    iOS Gravity and kataran like this.
    01-24-2014 07:47 PM
    BS.

Your friend is either a lying thief (and you're naive as all hell), or just admit you had a stolen iPhone and when you realized you wouldn't be able to ever use it, you started looking to sell it to some other poor soul who won't check it properly.
    Could be bs could not be.. I have some friends I would sell a old phone in a drawer for dirt cheap price depends on how good a friend is lol ..

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    01-24-2014 08:09 PM
    Welcome to iMore ... Sorry about your loss, unfortunately the device is useless until you receive the credentials to bypass the lock.
    01-25-2014 11:13 AM
    I tried turning in the iPhone I bought that had the lock on it but apple or the police wouldn't take it back because it wasn't reported lost or stolen. Apple thinks the original owner possibly forgot the feature was on and sold it so they sent me the original owners email address to try and contact her. The apple rep sent it to me from her personal email so I think she really felt bad for me because I I was in tears the whole call and tried to turn it in. I sent the original owner an email yesterday but haven't heard anything yet. I told them if they did lose it I will get it back to them. So we will see.

01-25-2014 02:02 PM
    I hope things turn out okay for you! Welcome to iMore.
    01-25-2014 07:39 PM
    You paid $20 for an iPhone? That should have been your first clue something was wrong. A lesson learned I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    01-26-2014 10:09 AM
    True friends don't sell friends bad phones. Get your money back and ditch the loser.

This post was made by Tiffany
    01-26-2014 10:16 AM
    Just and update. The original owner of the phone I bought called me Friday. It wasn't on the lost or stolen list because she switched her service to another phone when she lost it. I had her meet me at my job and I returned this phone to her. She kept apologizing for me losing all the money. I was glad to give it back to her.

iOS Gravity likes this.
    02-02-2014 03:22 AM