Hi! I have an AT&T iPhone 5. I am using a straight talk sim, and have the phone on and working for the most part. My question is, how do I get my data and picture messaging to work? I had an iPhone 4 previously and everything worked perfectly after the iOS 7 update and it switched to TFW. I am not very tech smart, so any help will be helpful!
    01-23-2014 02:54 PM
    You need to search online for setting the iPhone's APN to straight talk...from what I understand, with these services like straight talk, the iPhone is automatically assigning the APN to the AT&T network and not to the straight talk (or like network) settings. Not sure how you do this, but from what I remember, this is an important step to use the data function on the iPhone 5 (because of LTE).

MMS is directly related to the data network being functional, so this is why you can't send MMS.
    01-23-2014 03:03 PM
    Hi! I have an AT&T iPhone 5. I am using a straight talk sim, and have the phone on and working for the most part. My question is, how do I get my data and picture messaging to work? I had an iPhone 4 previously and everything worked perfectly after the iOS 7 update and it switched to TFW. I am not very tech smart, so any help will be helpful!
    First of all, what is TFW? Second, unless you don't have a data plan of some sort, you should be able to go Settings-Cellular and then enable "Cellular Data".

After that, go to Settings-Messages and then turn on "MMS Messaging".

That should solve your dilemma unless it's something that needs the attention of your cellular provider.
    01-23-2014 03:04 PM
    TFW is Trac Phone Wireless, who owns Straight talk.
    01-23-2014 03:28 PM
    Find the correct apn for that carrier. Might be the same as T-Mobile.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s
    01-23-2014 09:10 PM
    Yeah. You need the APN like Sean said. It should come in the manual with the sim.
    01-23-2014 09:23 PM
    a sim swap worked for me so hat i could input the proper apn settings for my girlfriends iphone 5 and then 5s on ios 7.0.4
    using a tmo sim card if u are not sure how to do the sim swap there are many youtube videos for this bu the apn settings are as listed below:

apn:tfdata
    user:
    pass:

mms apn: tfdata
    user:
    pass:
    mmsc:http://mms-tf.net
    mmsproxy:mms3.tracfone.com:80
    max size of message:1048576
    uaprof:

if i have not typed anything next to it then leave it blank... exit the apn area and it should work if not then restart the phone and try it if it still does not work then retry this method over again
    02-01-2014 04:12 PM