to start off I get notifications just fine if my phone is on the home screen for BBM and locked, but if I am in app and in a chat and say I set my phone down and I get a BBM , it will not make a sound at all, I have to pick it back up and check the screen to see if I have been messaged . if the screen locks while in BBM I get the same issue. so I have to be sure to go to my home screen prior to setting my phone down , or be at risk of not seeing a message for 10-20 minutes or until I pick it up and look again.
    01-22-2014 10:25 AM
    Is it safe to assume you have set the alert notifications accordingly via Settings-Notifications Center?
    01-22-2014 10:50 AM
    with the best of my knowledge , and from what I have read on the forums , yes. seems I didn't state the problem correctly, I don't get a notification like I would getting a text Inside the chat, when I have BBM open and in the chat. all other sound work correctly , I tested the texting and it has 2 tones depending on where I am on the OS UI at the time I receive the message. ill assume it could be a bug or just not added yet as BBM on my Z10 (personal phone) chimes anytime I get any message in the chat or not. my BBM on my iPhone 5s (work) does not while in the chat, only outside.
    01-22-2014 01:11 PM
    I have the same issue. Hopefully it's something that's being worked on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-22-2014 01:33 PM
    Do you have the chat open? It may not be a bbm thing. I know that if i am texting with someone and that chat is still open and my screen goes off I don't get an alert. It's always been like this.
    zerog46 likes this.
    01-22-2014 08:50 PM
    yes I do, could explain why if this has always been an issue
    01-27-2014 10:56 AM
    yes I do, could explain why if this has always been an issue
    I wouldn't say it's an issue, it's just the way the OS is set up. If you have a chat open and you receive a response to that chat, you don't get a notification. I think it would be rather annoying to get an alert while I'm in the chat but that's just me.
    01-27-2014 04:15 PM
    its not until the phone sits idle and the screen goes off while in the chat and I don't get any alerts to a new message. its fine it doesn't when I am looking at the screen
    01-28-2014 01:28 PM
    its not until the phone sits idle and the screen goes off while in the chat and I don't get any alerts to a new message. its fine it doesn't when I am looking at the screen
    Gotcha!!! I'm not sure what's going on then. Once my screen goes to sleep my alerts sound. That's very odd
    01-28-2014 04:17 PM