How do I remove my phone text messages from appearing on my iPad?

I

iMore Question

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: iPad help

Open to where all the conversations are listed. That's the main messages page. Find the Conversation that you want to delete and swipe to the left. A red delete button should appear. Just tap on it and the entire conversation is deleted.
Use your phone number on your iPhone instead of your Apple ID.

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: iPad help

Open to where all the conversations are listed. That's the main messages page. Find the Conversation that you want to delete and swipe to the left. A red delete button should appear. Just tap on it and the entire conversation is deleted.
Use your phone number on your iPhone instead of your Apple ID.

if you don't ever want to see it then turn off iMessage- in settings then message- turn off
I am sorry but What and What? All you have to do since you can only get iMessages and send them from iPad to another IOS device is turn off your iMessages completely on the iPad and they will never reach the iPad, Only the phone.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am sorry but What and What? All you have to do since you can only get iMessages and send them from iPad to another IOS device is turn off your iMessages completely on the iPad and they will never reach the iPad, Only the phone.

IMO the op didn't specify if they wanted just that message gone or never to get them on the iPad. My directions were for the latter. Go into settings then messages then turn off iMessage. If that was unclear I'm sorry

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
IMO the op didn't specify if they wanted just that message gone or never to get them on the iPad. My directions were for the latter. Go into settings then messages then turn off iMessage. If that was unclear I'm sorry
Nothing for you to be sorry about at all...

I thought though this statement by the OP was clear.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

If you would like to continue receiving iMessages on your iPad but just not phone number related that is one thing. If you want no iMessages on your iPad that's another.

For the latter on iPad, go Settings, Messages, turn on iMessage.

If you just want to stop getting iMessages on iPad to your phone number go on iPad and go settings, messages, and leave iMessages turned on but uncheck your phone number. Then you can use your iPad for iMessages but only with your Apple ID email.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How can I remove text messages from my I pad and I phones? Thank you. Joseph Campaiolo

You can either swipe to the right in the message list and then tap on "Delete" or you can tap on "Edit" in the upper left corner of the messages list, then tap on the circle in front of each message you want to delete, and then tap on "Delete" in the bottom right corner.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Or, when you're on the message field, press on a message and then tap the "More" option. This allows you to delete single messages by taping the dot to the left of each message. Or you can delete the entire thread by tapping "Delete All" in the upper left corner. This leaves the person in the message list, but deletes all the messages.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73