Hi,

I have an iphone4 that has been barred by SFR France & it has been restored to factory settings.
    I am trying to activate it and unlock it myseld as many attempts to factory unlock it have failed.
    Please help.

Regards,
    Arti
    01-21-2014 03:38 AM
    Restoring an iPhone to factory settings doesn't change the fact it's blocked from the carrier for whatever reason

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    01-21-2014 04:28 AM
    Call the carrier and talk to them. They may have it blocked due to it being reported lost or stolen.. Did you buy this second hand?
    02-16-2014 03:07 PM
    This is really a tough nut to crack. The problem has to do with stolen devices. The police have better things to focus on than a stolen cell phone. But the vendors and service providers are being pressured to do something to try to stop the rampant theft of devices. Unfortunately, all they can do is take steps to block the stolen devices from their networks. That solution is way too little and way too late. The horse is already out of the corral, so to speak.

Unfortunately, this solution, while it’s a good start, only punishes the innocent - the original owner, who lost his investment and his device, and the person who unknowingly buys a stolen, blocked or activation-locked device. The thief still has whatever price he was able to extract from the uninformed purchaser of the stolen device in his pocket.

As I said, it’s a good start, and one does have to start somewhere.
    02-16-2014 04:54 PM
    Arthia you will need to jailbreak before you can activate, follow these instructions and jailbreak then you can unlock.

Evasion Jailbreak For iPhones/iPad/iPods on iOs 7.0.1 to 7.0.4 | Free iPhone Unlock
    Goodluck!
    Please don't suggest things that don't work...there is no work around, even jailbroken, for a black listed iPhone. This is something only the carrier can lift...

There are some that are reporting that unlocking the device via an unlock service will allow it to be used on other carriers (it will still be black listed on the original carrier and any pre-paid subsidies as well from that carrier)...this is a very expensive gamble to take though, considering unlocks are now over $100 per, and there's no guarantee it will actually work.
    phreddyl likes this.
    02-16-2014 07:17 PM
    Arthia you will need to jailbreak before you can activate, follow these instructions and jailbreak then you can unlock.

Evasion Jailbreak For iPhones/iPad/iPods on iOs 7.0.1 to 7.0.4 | Free iPhone Unlock
    Goodluck!
    Like Sean said jailbreaking won't fix the phone.
    02-16-2014 07:20 PM
    Please don't suggest things that don't work...there is no work around, even jailbroken, for a black listed iPhone. This is something only the carrier can lift...

There are some that are reporting that unlocking the device via an unlock service will allow it to be used on other carriers (it will still be black listed on the original carrier and any pre-paid subsidies as well from that carrier)...this is a very expensive gamble to take though, considering unlocks are now over $100 per, and there's no guarantee it will actually work.
    In Canada we have a national blacklist for phones so if a phone is blacklisted it won't work on any carrier in Canada. Plus the national blacklist also blocks unlock requests.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or iPod touch 5th gen using Tapatalk
    02-17-2014 12:57 PM
    I don't believe the US or EU carriers have implemented this yet though...
    02-17-2014 01:28 PM