Hello everyone

I jailbreaked my Iphone 3G with redsnow. Then I changed the IOS Version for being able to install the latest version of whatsapp following this steps (Ifile) - Last post is mine-. I install whatsapp from App Store (without PC itunes) but when finishing says me to connect to the PC with itunes.
    Installing latest Whatsapp with itunes fails with an unknown error - I think itunes see that the Iphone is Jailbreaked- or saysthe Iphone IOS Version isn't compatible with Whatsapp - albeit I was able to install W.App 2.6 and 2.8 with itunes (downloading the file out of itunes) but they don't work; saying I have to install the latest version of Whatsapp.

All works fine, but I need to install the latest whatsapp or to use old whatsapp (I don't know how). Can someone help me?

Thanks for reading
    01-19-2014 06:01 PM
    You can't. I tried that one time but there are compatibility issues. It just gets stuck at downloading app. Only way to get the latest version of WhatsApp is to have iOS 4.3 or greater.
    Last edited by iOS Gravity; 01-20-2014 at 05:01 PM.
    01-19-2014 06:49 PM
    This means that if you have an iPhone 4 with iOS 6 you can't use Whatsapp? Or that iPhone 4 could use whatsapp without having the last version of whatsapp? Maybe changing my iOS Version to 7 with iFile will work?
    In the video lots of people post saying the solution works with iPhone 3G. I think at least one of those posts is true.

I have more details about my problem: I have the same compatibility issues that you mention trying to install Skype. I think is not Whatsapp's problem, but itunes or jailbreak problem. I try to install whatsapp with iFunbox - it requires appsync on Cydia; I have installed it- in my iPhone but at the very end of the process fails saying I'll need installing appsync. Can someone get a conclusion of it?
    01-20-2014 06:50 AM