Accepting calendar invitations (iCal vs iPhone)

buu511

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a very specific question regarding calendar invites.

I use an exchange account while my girlfriend uses iCloud. When I send her calendar invites with my Outlook 2013 or Blackberry device, she receives an email with an attachment, that contains the calendar entry. Now when she accepts my invite on her Macbook Pro (Mavericks), I receive an answer that she has accepted. If she does the same thing on her iPhone 5s, I get nothing in return. I have tried this with several other iCloud users on their iPhone with the same result. Is there any way, I can fix this? I would really like to know if my iCloud friends accepted the invitation or not....

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. I don't have an answer for you, as I don't use calendar invites. I'm sure another member will have an answer for you.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Tap an event you’ve been invited to, or tap Inbox and tap an invitation. Once that is done the person doing the inviting should get your RSVP so to speak.

buu511

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Tap an event you’ve been invited to, or tap Inbox and tap an invitation. Once that is done the person doing the inviting should get your RSVP so to speak.

well that is exactly what's not happening when using an iPhone. She accepts the event in her iPhone calendar but I never get notified about it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This is to clarify that it is going through iCloud or Microsoft exchange correct. This is what makes it work. If she is not getting a reply that you accepted I am not quite sure where else to take it. I am sorry I could not be further help other than to tell you how it should work. :)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
well that is exactly what's not happening when using an iPhone. She accepts the event in her iPhone calendar but I never get notified about it.

Are you positive she's accepting them? I ask because they will show in her calendar until she declines the invite. I use this feature several times a day everyday for work and haven't had issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

buu511

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Are you positive she's accepting them? I ask because they will show in her calendar until she declines the invite. I use this feature several times a day everyday for work and haven't had issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes she is. Are you sure you have the same setup? Invites via Exchange and accepting with the iPhone? I have tried with 3 different iOS 7 people now and I receive no notification wether they have accepted or not. If I send them an invitation via my iPhone over iCloud it works of course. Also if iOS7 users send me an invite to my exchange account and I accept, it works as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2