Okay, here's the thing..

I forgot the passcode to my iPad Mini (I know.. don't judge), so I figured I'd connect it to iTunes and restore it. However, when I try that I'm just told that I have to turn of "Find my iPad", which is obviously impossible since I have forgotten the passcode. After some googling I have now tried to delete the iPad from the iCloud account on iCloud.com, which appeared to be successful, only now it says it will be deleted when connected to wifi. Which the iPad is not. And I can't connect it to wifi, since I forgot the passcode. This is an evil circle, and I'm just clueless. Any suggestions? All will be highly appreciated.
    01-19-2014 09:09 AM
    So you don't have the access password OR your Apple ID information and password? Seems odd.

You are out of luck without the password. The security feature is functioning as it should, and there is no way around it without the password.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    01-19-2014 10:39 AM
    You can put the ipad on DFU mode and restore but you will need the same user ID that you used to delete the ipad from iCloud :-) ... So if this is legit then you will have no problem.
    01-19-2014 10:50 AM
    It is a safety mechanism that is designed to work as intended. Until you can recall your Apple ID and password, you have an unusual device.
    01-19-2014 11:02 AM
    Okay, here's the thing..

I forgot the passcode to my iPad Mini (I know.. don't judge), so I figured I'd connect it to iTunes and restore it. However, when I try that I'm just told that I have to turn of "Find my iPad", which is obviously impossible since I have forgotten the passcode.
    That's correct
    After some googling I have now tried to delete the iPad from the iCloud account on iCloud.com, which appeared to be successful, only now it says it will be deleted when connected to wifi. Which the iPad is not.
    I take it that you don't leave Wi-Fi enabled like many others do.
    And I can't connect it to wifi, since I forgot the passcode.
    You're out of luck.
    This is an evil circle, and I'm just clueless. Any suggestions? All will be highly appreciated.
    It's not an evil circle. It's a safety mechanism designed to work as intended to help curb thefts. Your only course of action is to recall the lock screen passcode. If not, your device will be unusable. Period.
    01-19-2014 11:09 AM
    There seems to be a lot of these "help I forgot my passcode" threads.

Good thing the security is working as intended! LOL

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Just_Me_D and nikkisharif like this.
    01-20-2014 11:37 AM
    Seems like theft is on the rise, and yes OP I think you're a thief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-20-2014 06:56 PM
    Okay, here's the thing..

I forgot the passcode to my iPad Mini (I know.. don't judge), so I figured I'd connect it to iTunes and restore it. However, when I try that I'm just told that I have to turn of "Find my iPad", which is obviously impossible since I have forgotten the passcode. After some googling I have now tried to delete the iPad from the iCloud account on iCloud.com, which appeared to be successful, only now it says it will be deleted when connected to wifi. Which the iPad is not. And I can't connect it to wifi, since I forgot the passcode. This is an evil circle, and I'm just clueless. Any suggestions? All will be highly appreciated.
    That's the point put in dfu and restore and enter iCloud password ..
    01-20-2014 07:28 PM