Box or Dropbox?

Rowanova

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
1. Does Box.net and/or Dropbox allow the user to create new folders with iOS devices?

2. Does Box.net and/or Dropbox allow files to be added to and removed from an existing folder using iOS devices?

3. Does Box.net and/or Dropbox allow a particular file to be included in multiple folders? Can it be done using iOS devices?

4. If not these two services, is there a better choice for iOS device use?

I'm trying to decide what online service would best suit my needs. Thanks in advance for any help provided by the iMore community.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Does Box.net and/or Dropbox allow the user to create new folders with iOS devices?
Yes

2. Does Box.net and/or Dropbox allow files to be added to and removed from an existing folder using iOS devices?
Yes

3. Does Box.net and/or Dropbox allow a particular file to be included in multiple folders?
Yes
Can it be done using iOS devices?
No

4. If not these two services, is there a better choice for iOS device use?
Better is subjective to the user. Are there other cloud services available? Of course, there are. Evernote, SkyDrive, Google Drive are a few off the top of my head. Experiment with them all and choose for yourself which is best suited for your needs.

I'm trying to decide what online service would best suit my needs. Thanks in advance for any help provided by the iMore community.

You're welcome. By the way, my answers are in regard to DropBox only. I do not use the Box service.

Last edited:

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been a Dropbox fan from the beginning so I use them for EVERYTHING. Its installed on my phones and tablets, and on my computers. I can easily access anything from it because the folder is synced on my computer.

This is also because I've gained a lot of GBs over the years. 50 here, 20 there, etc.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s

Last edited:

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I was actually just about to create a thread asking this very thing, lol.

I jumped on the 50gb free if box storage, but I'm not sure if I'll use them over Dropbox. I've only used 7 percent of my 3gb Dropbox storage anyway :p the heck am I going to do with 50 gig?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I jumped on the 50gb free if box storage, but I'm not sure if I'll use them over Dropbox. I've only used 7 percent of my 3gb Dropbox storage anyway :p the heck am I going to do with 50 gig?

You could always return it later for something else that you don’t really want.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Only time will tell! I use to wonder what I'd do with Dropbox but it's become my favorite cloud.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s

Rowanova

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies and positive feedback from everyone. I downloaded the 50GB free offer from Box, just a little to hard to pass up that much for free, from a service with a great history and a solid reputation. I can always grab the free introductory 2GB offering from Dropbox and use them as comparisons to see which service I like best. Doesn't seem I'll go wrong with either of them.

Thanks again to all.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies and positive feedback from everyone. I downloaded the 50GB free offer from Box, just a little to hard to pass up that much for free, from a service with a great history and a solid reputation. I can always grab the free introductory 2GB offering from Dropbox and use them as comparisons to see which service I like best. Doesn't seem I'll go wrong with either of them.

Thanks again to all.

On behalf of those who responded, you're very welcome, and thank you for updating us...:)...Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73