How do I change the number of reminders I can set for a new event?

I

iMore Question

Hi, I have an iPhone 5s and would like to find out how to change the number of reminders I can set for a new event in Calendar. Many Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Initiate the Calendars app
2. Tap on an event
3. Tap on "Edit" in the upper right corner
4. Scroll down to "Alert" and then tap on it.
5. Choose the desired alert option.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You can change the default alert times and begining of week but you cannot by default set more than 1 reminder and you can either hit snooze when it goes off to repeat the reminder but that is all that you can do.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
1. Initiate the Calendars app
2. Tap on an event
3. Tap on "Edit" in the upper right corner
4. Scroll down to "Alert" and then tap on it.
5. Choose the desired alert option.
Doing what you suggested does not show me an edit feature. Only a + sign that allow you to change the time. What I indicated will continue to bring back the reminder by hitting snooze once the reminder goes off. I set mine to remind me an hour before.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
See the attached screenshot.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390075837.363264.jpg

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I cannot pull up tapping on an event like you did the screenshot above.

I don't know what to tell you. I pulled up an event from back in June 2013, tapped on it, and like the previous event, "Edit" is readily visible in the upper right corner. I'm using the native Calendar app, by the way.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you. I pulled up an event from back in June 2013, tapped on it, and like the previous event, "Edit" is readily visible in the upper right corner. I'm using the native Calendar app, by the way.
Well the pic does not lie and I am pulling up an event I have in June 2014, I tapped on the day of the appt to open it and I get a plus sign upper right and not edit. Not that this bothers me since the reminder the way I have set up works just fine essentially using default settings and the Native app as well. Oh well, At least you assisted the member despite the difference in our settings so thank you 'D

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE:

Operator error and now know what was my mistake in reading your words Tap on event. I took that as to tap on the date as the event and once I scrolled to the actual event in this Mon. the 20th at noon and clicked on that event sure enough I got the same screen as you. Sometimes I need to slow down and read things slower but in any event i am glad I worked through it and figured I had nothing wrong. Thank you again.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE:

Operator error and now know what was my mistake in reading your words Tap on event. I took that as to tap on the date as the event and once I scrolled to the actual event in this Mon. the 20th at noon and clicked on that event sure enough I got the same screen as you. Sometimes I need to slow down and read things slower but in any event i am glad I worked through it and figured I had nothing wrong. Thank you again.
It's all good...:)....The main thing is that you figured it out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR