I have an I5 and I forgot the password. Im locked out and get the message to try again in a million seconds 9 or something like that) help, how do i get back into my phone. I have never done a back up so that isnt an option.
    01-18-2014 02:37 PM
    You set a password then forgot it? You've never backed up your phone through iTunes or iCloud? You may be SOL...

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    01-18-2014 02:42 PM
    You will not be able to bypass it without losing all of your data.
    01-18-2014 03:03 PM
    Maybe because of the amazement of questions we receive from guests and members alike about forgetting their passwords for their device and want our help...smh is the reason I use Datavault which IMO along with one other are one of the more useful apps. Put everything in one of these apps and you won't have this issue with forgotten passwords. Of course if you forget the password to the password App...LOL
    01-18-2014 07:39 PM
    Maybe because of the amazement of questions we receive from guests and members alike about forgetting their passwords for their device and want our help...smh is the reason I use Datavault which IMO along with one other are one of the more useful apps. Put everything in one of these apps and you won't have this issue with forgotten passwords. Of course if you forget the password to the password App...LOL
    I use 1Password for the same reason. I'd be SOL without it.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-18-2014 08:33 PM
    You won't be able to get into your device without the correct password. I use Password Keeper for all my passwords. I recommend you use a password app and backup your iPhone with iCloud. Good luck.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-18-2014 08:39 PM
    I have an I5 and I forgot the password. Im locked out and get the message to try again in a million seconds 9 or something like that) help, how do i get back into my phone. I have never done a back up so that isnt an option.
    Try connecting it to iTunes and see if it backs up the data. If it does, it won't backup the password. Then restore and then restore from backup.
    Last edited by iOS Gravity; 02-05-2014 at 09:48 AM.
    01-18-2014 08:53 PM
    You could contact Apple too... I'm sure they'll reset an iPhone that has been registered to a legitimate buyer quickly and with only the hassle of finding an Apple store...heck they might even be able to do it with a phone call (from a different phone of course)!
    02-04-2014 08:06 PM
    I use DataVault to store my passwords also but the one I never forget is the password to my phone. Good Luck
    02-04-2014 08:09 PM
    My cousin has an iPhone that she was giving to her son but she set the password and forgot it once she upgraded. It's not a typical password that she would use so she has no idea what it could be. I told her she was pretty much SOL.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S
    02-04-2014 10:56 PM
    I'll never understand how someone forgets the pw they set for their own phone. And this is coming from someone with a bad memory and drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-05-2014 12:35 AM
    Enjoy your i-Paper Weight!
    02-05-2014 08:46 AM
    I'll never understand how someone forgets the pw they set for their own phone. And this is coming from someone with a bad memory and drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly. If you can't memorize a simple 4 digit passcode, I hope you never have a pin code for a credit card.

This post was made by Tiffany
    02-05-2014 09:45 AM
    I connected my iPhone to iTunes when someone messed around with the passcode and the disabled screen went away.
    02-05-2014 09:50 AM
    Seriously, there comes a point in the discussion when I have to ask the question: "Do you still have the box that the device came in?"... if they answer in the affirmative, my next response is to instruct them to box the device up and return it to the store. When the customer service rep asks why you’re returning the device, the answer is obvious. "I am not smart enough to own/use this device."...
    02-05-2014 10:17 AM
    Let's not lecture someone about forgetting a password, that's not what this forum is for guys.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-05-2014 11:08 AM
    Ask Siri if she remembers the password

⚠️Caution⚠️ Heavy Sarcasm 😜

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    02-05-2014 11:14 AM
    Let's not lecture someone about forgetting a password, that's not what this forum is for guys.
    Your absolutely correct it's just difficult to know if it's actually the OP phone

Someone comes here with a password question and my first thought is a stolen phone or just trying to gain access to a device that's not theres

Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-05-2014 11:20 AM
    If it teaches them to do something to remember the password, why not give a lecture? It's certainly going to do more good than just responding "Aww man, that sucks!" At least if it pisses a person off, they'll remember why it pissed them off when they go to set a password again. I think a lecture has more of a place here than the standard "Too bad, sorry for your trouble" response we see so often.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    02-05-2014 12:00 PM
    I connected my iPhone to iTunes when someone messed around with the passcode and the disabled screen went away.
    I did the same when a kid disabled my kid brothers iPhone. I think I had to put his passcode in though once in iTunes but maybe not because his phone was at some point backed up to my computer.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S
    02-05-2014 12:10 PM
    Common sense if you are forgetful it's wise to write it down somewhere I have four lockers at my job spread out in a large building I might not open one for over six months so I make sure I have the combination to the lock written down even thou I have it in my phone

02-05-2014 12:17 PM