Startup message

I

iMore Question

Hi,

I lost my iPad today and it was found by a girl who wanted to get it back. It was difficult but she did it and I thank her. My question is: how can i put a message/contact info on screen to show up on start along with the "Enter passcode" screen? Android has that option so I think iOS must have something like that or better.

Thanks upfront...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a photo of myself on the lockscreen with my name on it. No app needed....:)

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Can't you go into iCloud if I remember and under where you setup find my phone, You can type a message so when you utilize the feature this message comes up on your lock screen? It has been awhile but i am pretty sure you can do this.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Can't you go into iCloud if I remember and under where you setup find my phone, You can type a message so when you utilize the feature this message comes up on your lock screen? It has been awhile but i am pretty sure you can do this.

Not on the iOS devices, AFAIK... but there is an option for Macs.

But simply adding text to your favorite wallpaper would do the trick... either with Preview (OSX) or Paint (Windows), it should be a simple task to accomplish.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Find my iPhone has an option to send a message to the missing device.

Not on the iOS devices, AFAIK... but there is an option for Macs.

But simply adding text to your favorite wallpaper would do the trick... either with Preview (OSX) or Paint (Windows), it should be a simple task to accomplish.

Actually, I did the same thing...

Great minds think alike...:)
What Karen confirmed is what I was talking about with the message and find my phone.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh now that alone is something I don't even want to think of the image... Is it the one with the gun and badge?? Either way, Now that is cold!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Now both of you are just getting sick, We are suppose to be getting people to come here but if they read this thread, They are not going to answer ask anything and go to another forum!!

(Laughing)....Dude, I was minding my own business when one of our sadistic members caused me to become ill at the image that I depicted from his last post. He should be broken, banned and burned from all areas of this planet for such a heinous act.....:)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
(Laughing)....Dude, I was minding my own business when one of our sadistic members caused me to become ill at the image that I depicted from his last post. He should be broken, banned and burned from all areas of this planet for such a heinous act.....:)
I would have to agree with that and you have your finger on the button, Just push it and *POOF* Gone and banned forever....(Also Laughing)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
mg_georgethetimelessartofs.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh