How to I save an attached pdf using Gmail app. on my 5s?
    01-17-2014 10:24 AM
    Hello and welcome to iMore ... By default you cannot save any attachments directly to your device from Gmail as apple has the file system locked down. You can however download third party mail apps that will allow you to download to a cloud storage solution like dropbox. If you search for dropbox in the app store you will see several apps that support many way's of sending attachments & documents to the service.
    01-17-2014 10:27 AM
    Hello and welcome to iMore ... By default you cannot save any attachments directly to your device from Gmail as apple has the file system locked down. You can however download third party mail apps that will allow you to download to a cloud storage solution like dropbox. If you search for dropbox in the app store you will see several apps that support many way's of sending attachments & documents to the service.
    They could save it to the phone by downloading iBooks and opening the PDF using iBooks. That will save it to iBooks and if you want to send it, you could attach it to an email and send it.
    01-17-2014 10:33 AM
    They could save it to the phone by downloading iBooks and opening the PDF using iBooks. That will save it to iBooks and if you want to send it, you could attach it to an email and send it.
    Or any app that supports viewing PDFs. There are many on the App Store.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    01-17-2014 10:36 AM
    Or any app that supports viewing PDFs. There are many on the App Store.
    Yep. I just think that iBooks is easy to use.
    01-17-2014 10:42 AM
    If you really just simply want to save it and don't care how as long as it is saved short of the Dropbox option which would be mine... Why not create a folder in the GMail App and you can call it PDFs. Move the emails with these attachments and at a glance when you need to get to them there they are. This is a viable option i think but either way you decide, Good luck.
    01-17-2014 06:03 PM
    NO VIABLE option if you do WOrK for business deals of any kind.
    Every day, in the business world PDF files are sent, reviewed amended and approved, bank wires and pictures reviewed and sent as well. ATTACHMENTS to emails is a FUNDAMENTAL aspect of just doing NORMAL business.
    Naturally if the iPhone is NEVER to be intended to be used by the REAL working people, just say so and allow the market to dictate if they want to support a company who rejects doing what is right, to serve their nefarious purposes.
    03-26-2015 10:18 AM
    HOW
    HOW
    HOW can you ATTACH IT to Gmail Please tell us.
    03-26-2015 10:20 AM
    What's needed is to SEND NORMAL emails like from Gmail TO someone who requested them and keep an email THREAD intact.
    03-26-2015 10:22 AM