Good evening to all
    Recently have my 16 yr old son my Iphone5 and I upgrades to IPhone 5s. He has never used an email account in a smartphone nor on a laptop. So looking for one that will be easy for him to use and learn.
    After setting up an ema account for him I will set him up on ICloud so that we can share calendars to help keep things straight.
    Email account that I use is cooperate based so that one is out of the question for him. Thanks in advance.
    01-16-2014 04:56 PM
    One more thought. I am almost positive that I will have to set him up a separate Apple ID and iCloud account. Any suggestions on things that need to be done. Thanks again.
    01-16-2014 05:00 PM
    You can use the same AppleID for the AppStore and share purchases... and set up his own iCloud for email... either one of you can set up a calendar and share with the other easily too.
    01-16-2014 05:17 PM
    Go to iCloud.com in a web browser on a PC and create a new account. Then on his iPhone sign out of your account. Then sign in to his iCloud account. You can choose which iCloud components he wants to use (email, calendar, contacts, etc). I suggest leaving them all on even if he doesn't use them at first. This will give him an email address as well--name@icloud.com.

If you want him to have access to any apps, music, video that you've purchased, then in Settings, ITunes & AppStore, make sure you are signed into your account. This does mean though that he would need you to enter your password for any purchases he might make.

Then in Settings, Messages and Settings, FaceTime sign out of your account and into his new iCloud account.

As far as a shared calendar, on your device create a new calendar and you should see an option to share it with someone. Enter his iCloud email address. He will get an email on his phone that he can then go to his calendar and accept the invite. Then you will have a calendar that you can both see and add event to. You can also share lists in the Reminders app in a similar way.
    01-16-2014 05:20 PM
    How well do the other email services work with the iPhone ex. Gmail yahoo etc. or for him starting out is the iCloud ema the best option.
    01-16-2014 09:25 PM
    Honestly, I think hotmail and gmail are the easiest to use. I think iCloud Mail is good but a little complex for beginners. I rarely use my iCloud Mail and I send at least 3 emails a day using my gmail because of its ease of use. In the end it's your choice. Good luck choosing.
    01-16-2014 09:50 PM
    Hey are all easy and about the same, IMO. If he's going to be primarily emailing from the phone, iCloud is probably easiest. From a web browser, it's a toss-up.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    01-16-2014 09:58 PM
    I think they are all easy and about the same to use.
    01-16-2014 11:31 PM
    Gmail is simple but if he's going to be using his iPhone he might as well use his iCloud email. That way he doesn't need 2 email accounts.

You are able to share your calendar with him.
    01-17-2014 09:34 AM
    Hey are all easy and about the same, IMO. If he's going to be primarily emailing from the phone, iCloud is probably easiest. From a web browser, it's a toss-up.
    Yeah iCloud on the phone is easy since he won't need two accounts. I was talking about the computer.
    01-17-2014 10:20 AM