messaging from ipad mini to android?

tway1

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a question- when someone is messaging you from an ipad mini to an android user- does it or can it come up as "sent from mobile"?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It will say "Sent From My iPad Mini" unless the person changes the signature from stock to something else. The person who owns it and sending a message can put any sig they want in it including the word mobile if they want.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That's true for email. If by messaging the OP means text messaging, the iPad, even the cellular version, cannot send SMS and can only send iMessages to other iOS or OSX users. Of course there are many messaging app that can send between iOS and android.
Thank you Karen you are right as i did not pay attention to the word Messaging as opposed to email. Got it right, Just the wrong sending protocol. Thank you for helping out.

fatclue_98

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
That's true for email. If by messaging the OP means text messaging, the iPad, even the cellular version, cannot send SMS and can only send iMessages to other iOS or OSX users. Of course there are many messaging app that can send between iOS and android.

I am new to the iOS world with a new mini so forgive my noob-ness. What apps allow me to send SMS from my mini via my Android phone. My phone has the MAP profile which is what I used to need to do this with my old HP TouchPad and my Pre3.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am new to the iOS world with a new mini so forgive my noob-ness. What apps allow me to send SMS from my mini via my Android phone. My phone has the MAP profile which is what I used to need to do this with my old HP TouchPad and my Pre3.

You quoted a post that stated that the iPad cannot send SMS messages, however, there are to a of messaging apps that will allow you to send messages between Apple and Android devices. Skype, WhatsApp, are two examples.

fatclue_98

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
You quoted a post that stated that the iPad cannot send SMS messages, however, there are to a of messaging apps that will allow you to send messages between Apple and Android devices. Skype, WhatsApp, are two examples.

I believe you misread my query and maybe I wasn't specific enough. I want to know if there's an app that allows imessaging-type communication between an iPad mini and an Android phone. I use my company-issued iPhone 5 to do this but at night and on weekends I want to be able to use my personal phone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I believe you misread my query and maybe I wasn't specific enough. I want to know if there's an app that allows imessaging-type communication between an iPad mini and an Android phone. I use my company-issued iPhone 5 to do this but at night and on weekends I want to be able to use my personal phone.

Textie and Fring are two that come to mind...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73