So I finally got my parents to make the switch to iphones, I am having some serious problems getting my dad's contacts switched over. He had a blackberry and I can get the contacts off of his phone but when I do it makes a separate .vcf file for every single contact (he has 300 or 400 and something of them) and I can't figure out how to get them onto his phone without uploading them one by one onto icloud.

I know when you transfer contacts from gmail it will make one .vcf file with ALL of your contacts in it and was wondering if there was a way to merge all these files into one to save some time uploading all these files?

Thanks for any help!
    01-14-2014 10:48 AM
    Are the Blackberry contacts being synced to a Gmail or other mail account? Just add the same account to the iPhone and set the account up to sync contacts, and it will...

Otherwise... if the contacts are saved on a computer... set-up an iCloud email address... then set up the computer's contacts/address book to sync to iCloud, and set up the phone to sync to iCloud - and it will...
    01-14-2014 11:02 AM
    You should be able to export the contacts as a whole via the Blackberry Desktop Manager or whatever it is called these days. Afterwards, you should be able to login to www.icloud.com, tap on the Contacts icon, tap on the cogwheel at the bottom of the screen and then select "import vCard". Afterwards, if iCloud if configured on your dad's iPhone, the contacts will automatically begin syncing to it.
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    01-14-2014 11:07 AM
    You should be able to export the contacts as a whole via the Blackberry Desktop Manager or whatever it is called these days. Afterwards, you should be able to login to www.icloud.com, tap on the Contacts icon, tap on the cogwheel at the bottom of the screen and then select "import vCard". Afterwards, if iCloud if configured on your dad's iPhone, the contacts will automatically begin syncing to it.
    I tried this with the blackberry desktop manager but it won't export them all as one file for some reason. Only as hundreds of files, one for each contact.
    01-14-2014 01:14 PM