Resetup of Iphone 5s

I

iMore Question

Hi there,
Recently I bought Iphone 5S and it's brand new. Unfortunately when I wanted to acess it didn't work.
The handphone keep asking my e-mail. I have entered the same e-mail few times but the Iphone 5S won't tolerate my e-mail.
Please tell me how am I going to about it.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Are the original owner of the iPhone? Where did you get it? If there was a previous owner you need to reset it and start from scratch. Have you called your carrier to have your phone number activated on the new phone. Start there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,
Recently I bought Iphone 5S and it's brand new. Unfortunately when I wanted to acess it didn't work.
The handphone keep asking my e-mail. I have entered the same e-mail few times but the Iphone 5S won't tolerate my e-mail.

I?d put my money on the fact that you purchased this "new" iPhone 5S from an individual through CraigsList (or similar), and you are now looking at the Activation Lock screen.

Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to prevent unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. Unfortunately, there is no way around this lockout? your only options are to contact the person you bought it from and get (1) the Apple ID login credentials, or (2) your money back. If you bought it from an honest/legitimate seller, they?ll help you out. If you bought a stolen device from a scumbag, you are simply SOL, and you now own a pretty, albeit expensive, paperweight.

I love the Activation Lock concept, but it appears to be punishing the unwitting buyer much more than the scumbag thief. When buying a device from anyone other than a legitimate retailer (Apple, wireless service provider, or big box store), make the seller meet you at your wireless provider's store and stay with you through the activation process. That alone will scare off most ne'er-do-wells. Otherwise, you may be throwing your money into a black hole.

Caveat emptor.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,
Most likely as indicated already it is actually asking you for your Apple ID to activate it. Until you enter this assuming when you said it is brand new you bought it from a carrier or a Box store store ex Best Buy. If this IS the case, The carrier should have activated as well as the big box. I am going to bet like Fausty that you bought it from a private seller and as I stated in a post the other day....Now don't take this personal but with the new security features Apple is in, Folks are going to learn or should, Make sure the phone is active aqnd unlocked before you leave with it and pay for it, make sure you can get to or past this screen you can't now. When you do pay for it and go home and set it up and enjoy it. So where did you actually buy it brand new or not?

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I bought my last iPhone from Craigslist. I didn't handover any money until I called the carrier while the seller was there and finished activating my phone. You have to be real careful when buying used phones. I even almost bought one brand new sealed in the box but the seller had it shipped to her activated and she tried to act like she didn't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you buy an iPhone on Craigslist...make sure the person does a full reset and deactivates find my iPhone IN FRONT OF YOU.

If you buy an iPhone on eBay...request those things be done before shipping, and if they are not, immediately file a claim...if they don't respond, request a refund from PayPal.

(this will be copied and pasted any time someone posts this stuff)

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
When I sell my iPhones on Craigslist I ask them to meet at a Verizon store and wait with them while they activate. I suggest if you are buying to insist they meet at the store. That way you know what you are getting. If seller says no then no deal

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner