IPhone 4 powers off if unplugged from the charger

I

iMore Question

Hi guys,
I've an IPhone 4 that I bought 2 years back. A month a go I encountered a wierd porblem. When the Iphone is not connected to the charger, as soon as I use it or recieve a call then it would power off! sometimes I can power it on again but it will do the same again! And sometimes when I power it on it indicates an empty battary and when I try again it will power on!. When it powers off, as soon as I connect it to a power source it powers on! it never powers off while connected! I consulted Apple and they did a battary reset with no luck. They say battary seems fine!. It runs 5.1.1 IOS, and I did not reset it or update it susbecting that it's not a softwre issue! any idea! Please help...

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Really sounds like a power issue. I guess it's out if warranty so in my opinion the cheapest would be to replace the battery. Not that that's a guarantee but other getting a new phone not sure what else to so.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It really sounds like a power issue. I think the only option would be to get it replaced or restore it using iTunes and see what happens from there.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
There is no battery reset. Apple over the phone by sending you a text that you send back can tell you everything about your phone including Battery state that sound to me like you need a new battery. It sounds classic and I would either take it to a neigborhood store that does this kind of thing to iPhones that you trust or let Apple replace it. Art least when they do, They will make sure it is working proper before you get it back and make sure you conduct a backup as they are not responsible for content.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234