i tookmy iphone 4 in for a screen repair yesterday and the phone was working perfectly I could make calls send texts and use internet/all apps fine I picked it up not working saying temperature I phone needs to cool down before use which it hadn't been used since that morning!!.... any idea what to do the shop I picked it up from is saying its a software fault and nothing to do with them!!,..... never had this problem before any ideas what can fix it I took it back to them today as they said engineer would look at it and they have said nothing can be done please help?!
    01-11-2014 07:39 AM
    Bull! How can they justify it being a software issue when it never occurred prior to them allegedly fixing it? I assume it wasn't repaired at an Apple Store. Your only recourse is to get them to retrace their steps or sue them for damages, if possible. Then again, you can always take it to a nearby Apple Store to get it done right.
    01-11-2014 09:58 AM
    Try to get your money back from that place...because they are absolutely at fault for this situation (probably used the wrong components, or some cheap knock off screen with shoddy connectors).

If you can't get your money back, take it to a different shop that does repairs of the same nature, and let them take a look and repair it if they can.

You're probably going to have to pay for this yourself.
    01-11-2014 11:11 AM
    I think it's obvious they damaged your device. Take it to an Apple store and have it fixed right. I'm sorry you had to go through this. I would even consider a suit against this company, but it probably isn't worth it. Good luck.
    01-11-2014 11:32 AM